Yes. Really...

Comments

• I don't know what game you are playing but real race cars have to brake and slow down for corners. Check out my youtube channel and see my other videos. None of the cars could corner like the ones in the game you are playing. I hope that is not a Project Cars Beta.

• I don't know what game you are playing but real race cars have to brake and slow down for corners. Check out my youtube channel and see my other videos. None of the cars could corner like the ones in the game you are playing. I hope that is not a Project Cars Beta.

it is driveclub that he is playing

Hey Thomas check out my Fanatec plug right before I went on track for the second half of my session. I didn't realize I said that till I watched the video again. I had been racing Forza 5 for 5 months with a TM wheel. I learned some bad habits.

Dont get what trying to show really? I know your saying driveclub is unrealistic but cant compare it with your driving as that is no where near the limit of the ferrari! I can corner better on the road in my mums astra than you in a ferrari on a track, less than 50mph around most corners is like my granmother driving me somewhere :) 

Thanks, I feel better about my investment in Project Cars.

Dont get what trying to show really? I know your saying driveclub is unrealistic but cant compare it with your driving as that is no where near the limit of the ferrari! I can corner better on the road in my mums astra than you in a ferrari on a track, less than 50mph around most corners is like my granmother driving me somewhere :)

Here's my challenge to you. Post a video of you racing a respectable sim like Asseto Corsa or IR in a Ferrari on a similar track with stock setup. I suggest AC Silverstone International with the 458 Italia GT2. My fastest lap in that session was 3 seconds off the track record, with only 8 laps to learn how the car reacts and feels.

• Maybe you do there....but your example is a LAME vid...

Thanks, I feel better about my investment in Project Cars.

There are many different racing experiences out there, just not from Sony atm, which my video was simply showing the ability for Fanatec gear with PS4. 

You sound quite pompous in your replies, yet you couldn't tell the difference between Pcars and Driveclub.. even when the title of the video gave everything. Seems like you are the type of person that invests in something they know little about, and then feels better after gloating to the inferior product.

3 seconds off the track record... You mean the record of amateurs limping stock Ferraris around the track?
  • I thought it was a very good example of the differences between driving in a video game and in real life. Mr. Dillon led me to believe he was driving in Project Cars. If PC is a sim the cars won't corner like the cars he was driving. I thought I would post some video of how real cars have to brake before cornering. The Instructors at Exotics Racing are or were professional drivers from different disciplines and series. You might recognize some of them like ALMS and Indy Car. The guy that was 3 seconds faster than me was probably pretty good and had quite a bit of experience.

I am no slouch at video game racing. I have been in the top 100 and top 50 in Forza. I took up Assetto Corsa a few weeks ago because I felt bad seeing my CS V2 collecting dust. The cars handle to the real ones I drove at Exotics Racing (not quite the adrenalin rush or the G's) and 50 MPH is more than a reasonable speed on  corners and staying in bounds. I don't run a grip mod either. I've been to many races at Mid Ohio to see CHAMP car, ALMS, Indy car and all the supporting races. How fast do you think the cars go around the Carousel and the Key Hole corners at Mid Ohio? The average speed at the Monaco GP is 98 MPH and those are F1 cars. I think they might be a little faster than a Ferrari off the showroom floor with street tires and a racing package.
    Sorry real life is so LAME.
  • *gets popcorn* This is gonna be good. 
  • I thought it was a very good example of the differences between driving in a video game and in real life. Mr. Dillon led me to believe he was driving in Project Cars. If PC is a sim the cars won't corner like the cars he was driving. I thought I would post some video of how real cars have to brake before cornering. The Instructors at Exotics Racing are or were professional drivers from different disciplines and series. You might recognize some of them like ALMS and Indy Car. The guy that was 3 seconds faster than me was probably pretty good and had quite a bit of experience.

I am no slouch at video game racing. I have been in the top 100 and top 50 in Forza. I took up Assetto Corsa a few weeks ago because I felt bad seeing my CS V2 collecting dust. The cars handle to the real ones I drove at Exotics Racing (not quite the adrenalin rush or the G's) and 50 MPH is more than a reasonable speed on  corners and staying in bounds. I don't run a grip mod either. I've been to many races at Mid Ohio to see CHAMP car, ALMS, Indy car and all the supporting races. How fast do you think the cars go around the Carousel and the Key Hole corners at Mid Ohio? The average speed at the Monaco GP is 98 MPH and those are F1 cars. I think they might be a little faster than a Ferrari off the showroom floor with street tires and a racing package.
    I don't see how I led you to believe that I was running Pcars beta. I specifically said "at launch". I think most of us understand that there are differences from real life to video games, I hope so atleast? :-/ 

And like you said, 50 MPH is more than a reasonable speed on corners and staying in bounds. Definititely more than reasonable....  Did the instructor tell you not to push too hard or something? I heard him say at some point "use all the track", yet you rarely hit your track-out markers.. didn't you have the slightest urge to try and get some oversteer with that RWD stallion?

Here's my challenge to you. Post a video of you racing a respectable sim like Asseto Corsa or IR in a Ferrari on a similar track with stock setup. I suggest AC Silverstone International with the 458 Italia GT2. My fastest lap in that session was 3 seconds off the track record, with only 8 laps to learn how the car reacts and feels.

I aint getting into argument/challenges on a forum about silly things I just didnt get why you would post this vid thinking it shows us anything, Say what you want about any game on pc or console I know in the real world 50mph is nowhere near the limit of the cars ive driven at high speed (nothing as nice as a ferrari sadly) Maybe im wrong about the ferrari but imo it looked like that was a casual drive around a track rather than driving like you stole it :)  

I aint getting into argument/challenges on a forum about silly things I just didnt get why you would post this vid thinking it shows us anything, Say what you want about any game on pc or console I know in the real world 50mph is nowhere near the limit of the cars ive driven at high speed (nothing as nice as a ferrari sadly) Maybe im wrong about the ferrari but imo it looked like that was a casual drive around a track rather than driving like you stole it :)  
    I think some of us are just more like Hunt, while others are more like Lauda  :)

Let's just all appreciate what we got and try to have a good time.  :)>-

I'm sorry Byron.....but I really thought you wee given driving lessons in a sim machine !!!

Now I understand why the instructor is holding you back so much and let you hit the brakes an hour before the actual corner. He does'nt want his very expensive investment crashed  in scrape...

So I take backvery word !!!

• edited February 2015

Very UNEXPECTED all off the sudden I've gotten 2 more EU invite codes. And guess what....I'M GIVING THEM AWAY.

Valid till 30/03/2015

So if you wanna have a CSW B V2...pm me...FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Good Luck guys n gals

edit: BOTH GONE

• So I see that P Cars has been delayed again. GRRRRRR.....I really want them to get it right but. Just sitting here waiting on a x1 wheel. LOL!!!!

• March! The month of new Fanatec gear !!! :)
  • March! The month of new Fanatec gear !!! :)
    YES!! Finally ordered my xbox with forza 5 as I thought thomas will make my dreams come true this month :) Does anyone know whether we are just getting info this month or weather the new rims will be shipped also? I hope its not just an announcment as we know how long that can mean waiting for the products to ship on times (soz thomas) If fanatec manage to ship a wheel before pcars is out then Im getting a sicknote that lasts a month :)
  • Does any 1 Have Good V2 Wheel Settings for Assetto Corsa??? Game Feels Good But if any 1 Has any tips for in Game and on Wheel Settings i would love to try them.
    Im using the G27 profile in Game and 540 Rotation on wheel ,75%FFB , 100%Sho and 110Force
  • i have Rfactor2 but im Not Sure how to install the Mods also Wheel FFB set up is a Head Ache Can any 1 Point me to a Article or youtube Video That will Help with Insalling the Mod Packs and Give me some Good Wheel Settings... Im Getting back into PC Sims ive been on Console Sooo Long ive Lost my Way.. Dont even Know where to Start on Rfactor2
  • LOL i dont even Know where to go to get the Latest Mod packs for Rfactor2... LOL...Ive had Rfactor2 for a while and Never bothered with it because of that...The Console Lazy Life Has Ruined Me!!!
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited March 2015
    Does any 1 Have Good V2 Wheel Settings for Assetto Corsa??? Game Feels Good But if any 1 Has any tips for in Game and on Wheel Settings i would love to try them.
    Im using the G27 profile in Game and 540 Rotation on wheel ,75%FFB , 100%Sho and 110Force
    Did you use the clipping tool?
  • edited March 2015
    Have the Ingame Clipping Meter up on the Screen it Stays Grey Most of the Time it only Gets Red For a Micro Sec or so During Realy Hard Turns and im on Rumble Strips.... i dont have a external Clipping Meter.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited March 2015
    Will PS4/CSW V2 owners be able to play pCARS with their fabulous V2 on launch day of the game?

Sorry, i'm not Thomas, but i think the V2 Base works at the moment only for PC/PS3. Maybe in march the V2 Base will also work, with a special steering wheel, on the XboxOne. There are yet no official words or announcement for a PS4 steering wheel that works with Sonys console. I hope for you that Sony allow later the production of a steering wheel for the PS4.

But i work not at Fanatec...it's only my opinion :-)

Fortunately, atleast 1 person will be using their v2 on Pcars for PS4 at launch  :-bd

Not really, there is no FFB so it's a crippleware solution. The game is behaving the same as with a gamepad because the wheel is just emulating one, not even close to real wheel support. That is NOT a CSW V2 btw .Might as well use the V2 on the PC with pCars and play it properly with FFB and the game recognising it as a wheel as it was intended.
  • Will PS4/CSW V2 owners be able to play pCARS with their fabulous V2 on launch day of the game?

Sorry, i'm not Thomas, but i think the V2 Base works at the moment only for PC/PS3. Maybe in march the V2 Base will also work, with a special steering wheel, on the XboxOne. There are yet no official words or announcement for a PS4 steering wheel that works with Sonys console. I hope for you that Sony allow later the production of a steering wheel for the PS4.

Fortunately, atleast 1 person will be using their v2 on Pcars for PS4 at launch  :-bd

Not really, there is no FFB so it's a crippleware solution. The game is behaving the same as with a gamepad because the wheel is just emulating one, not even close to real wheel support. That is NOT a CSW V2 btw .Might as well use the V2 on the PC with pCars and play it properly with FFB and the game recognising it as a wheel as it was intended.
    I would agree with your statement however PCars is not due out till April now. However....there is always iRacing. :-)
  • Will PS4/CSW V2 owners be able to play pCARS with their fabulous V2 on launch day of the game?

No, it's not a V2, but I've sold the v1.5 since this video and only have a v2 now, works the same.. I plan on playing Pcars on PC of course(is there any other way? ;) ), but I will likely rent it for PS4 so I can make a video just to show all the doubters it can indeed be competitive, to some degree of course. This solution isn't for everyone, but there are plenty of people who are enjoying it. Watch any of my multiplayer videos, plenty of ability to get the job done, and quite fun tbh. Even though its just emulating a gamepad... that's in turn emulating a wheel.

It's not perfect, no. But if you want to play with your gear on PS4/X1, this is currently the only way. And it's actually fun, so what does it matter if the FFB is up to purist standards? 

No, it's not a V2, but I've sold the v1.5 since this video and only have a v2 now, works the same.. I plan on playing Pcars on PC of course(is there any other way? ;) ), but I will likely rent it for PS4 so I can make a video just to show all the doubters it can indeed be competitive, to some degree of course. This solution isn't for everyone, but there are plenty of people who are enjoying it. Watch any of my multiplayer videos, plenty of ability to get the job done, and quite fun tbh. Even though its just emulating a gamepad... that's in turn emulating a wheel.

It's not perfect, no. But if you want to play with your gear on PS4/X1, this is currently the only way. And it's actually fun, so what does it matter if the FFB is up to purist standards? 

Dillion the same people that are complaining have played Forza 5 with a controller and even bragged about how good it felt/handled. So if a wheel is emulating the controller that they like what's the issue?

Dillion the same people that are complaining have played Forza 5 with a controller and even bragged about how good it felt/handled. So if a wheel is emulating the controller that they like what's the issue?
    They just want official support, which I get, but that's not going to hold me back.
  • Dillon...just let it be mate.....people Always got something to nag about.
  • Sorry guys that's just the placeholder wheel in the show car.

Real wheel can be seen  here at 2m 6 seconds.