Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited February 2016 in Blog

Landshut, 2.4.2015 - Fanatec is proud to announce the Universal Hub for Xbox One. This controller takes modularity and realism to a whole new level.

This innovative device allows you choose between several styles of wheel rims to match your preferred racing category:

• GT for supercars and road racing
  • Oval for NASCAR and similar series
  • Drift for rally, off-road and drift simulations
  • Classic for vintage race cars
  • Round1 for vintage open wheelers
  • Flat1 for modern open wheelers, F1, LMP1 or DTM series

These wheel rims have automotive quality and could be used in real race cars. They all are covered in genuine leather and come in different diameters.

But you can also purchase the Universal Hub for Xbox One without a wheel rim and use any wheel rim you want or already own. It is comparable to real car steering wheels from famous brands like SPARCO, MOMO or OMP.

With every Universal Hub for Xbox One, you have the option to configure the button layout to your preference and the position and angle of every button can also be adjusted. You can also take off some of the small button boxes without losing functionality as all buttons are also on top of the hub casing. You have the choice of two different sizes and styles of paddle shifters and even those are fully adjustable.

Just like many other Fanatec steering wheels, it also comes with a Tuning LED display (detachable) to show telemetry info or change wheel settings on the fly. It also comes with the genius 7-way FunkySwitch™ encoder.

The Universal Hub for Xbox One can be used on the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 and on some upcoming wheel bases from Fanatec. As soon as you connect the Universal Hub for Xbox One, the base will be switched into Xbox One mode using force feedback protocol with the new and advanced equation system.

There is also a hot-key to use the Universal Hub for Xbox One on PC and other gaming platforms. It is the most compatible product on the market!

There are several more wheel bases at various price points planned to be released and there will also be another steering wheel for Xbox One to be announced later this year which will be targeted to a broader audience at a much lower price point.

The Universal Hub for Xbox One will be available on May 28th in Europe, USA, Australia and Japan.

Europe

USA

Australia

Japan

Diameter

Weight

Material

EURO

USD

AUD

YEN

Universal Hub
for Xbox One

30 cm

1000 g

+GT rim

33 cm

1979 g

suede leather

+Classic rim

35 cm

1840 g

Brown leather

+Oval rim

35 cm

2065 g
(metal hub cover)

suede leather

+Drift rim

32 cm

1929 g

black leather

+Flat1 rim

27,5 cm

1692 g

suede leather

+Round1 rim

27 cm

1715 g

black leather

You can pre-order this product right away only on www.Fanatec.com.

Comments

• God damn it!
    Here it is!!!
    Buying it right away!!!
  • Great to see a decent wheel for Xbone, but here is my question for Thomas. When I bought my CSWB V2 I bought the universal hub and GT AU wheel rim.

So is there a way to just upgrade my universal hub to suit the xbone rather than ending up with 2 universal hubs.

If I had known that this was the way it would come around I would have bought a Formula wheel when I bought the CSWB V2 instead of the universal hub.
  • Wait a  minute, PRE-order?!
  • Just off to do some shopping!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Greg,
    it is not possible to make an upgrade as we cannot sell the electronics separately.
  • Thomas, is it on the fanatec.com yet? Can't see it!
  • I can't find it either
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hi Thomas,

When will we be able to place our pre orders? :)
  • strg+f5 to clear your cache...it is definetely available because I already preordered one...
  • Oh, those plain-looking steering wheels are the ones...
    Oh, boy :(

Thomas, do I understand correctly?
    That item:
    http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-eu.html
    coupled with v2 connects and works on PS4 as well - is that coorect?
  • Thomas, your prices om Fanatec.com are higher than listed above. It also makes zero sense ordering a package with wheel and hub as that is more expensive than adding the hub and wheel seperatly.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Oh, those plain-looking steering wheels are the ones...

That item:
    http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-eu.html
    correct
  • Thomas, your prices om Fanatec.com are higher than listed above. It also makes zero sense ordering a package with wheel and hub as that is more expensive than adding the hub and wheel seperatly.
    Choose the hub, go to shopping cart, choose the steering wheel - price as advertised above.
  • strg+f5 to clear your cache...it is definetely available because I already preordered one...

Thank you, order placed.
  • Yep...the bundles seem to be a bit pricier than buying the hub + rim seperately! This may not be intended....
    edited April 2015
    Thomas, your prices om Fanatec.com are higher than listed above. It also makes zero sense ordering a package with wheel and hub as that is more expensive than adding the hub and wheel seperatly.

I just noticed that too?
    Is there any reason (difference) in the bundle compared to ordering seperetly Thomas?
    Choose the hub, go to shopping cart, choose the steering wheel - price as advertised above.

Yes. However, seems like an error when I choose the bundle:

http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-gt-xbox-one-eu.html

• It's not up on Europe sight Thomas...please put it on!!!
  • Guys, I am on EU site and all works correctly!
  • It's not up on Europe sight Thomas...please put it on!!!

Yes it is. Refresh the page and you should see it.
  • Greg,
    it is not possible to make an upgrade as we cannot sell the electronics separately.
    No worries Thomas just thought I would ask. Pre-order placed.
    edited April 2015
    I'm holding off my pre order until I know for sure, why there is a price difference between the bundle and the individual items...

Just in case there is a little extra in the bundle package ;)

That item:
    correct
    Thank you.

Boy, why those wheels are sooo plain :(.
    Ordering anyways ;)

That item:
    correct
    Thank you.

Ordering anyways ;)

They are the same rims that have been available for 6+ months.
  • I am not pleased with this announcement, i thought they would be releasing a FOmrula rim with built in Xbox one buttons so it worked like the standard formula rim for the Club Sport Base, i just cant justify paying 300 Euros for  set of buttons plus then  130 euros on a very basic rim. Unless Thomas you can confirm that a Formula rim is coming out on the Xbox One for a similar price of the current Black Formula Rim then i will be cancelling my order of the V2 Base. 
  • I also pre ordered the universal hub...CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER YEAR for an XOne rim like the BMW M3 or Porsche wheel...but I do feel a little forced into buying the second most expensive "wheel" there is available for the XOne if you wanna race PCars from...ALLMOST day one...
    Why not rebuild the BMW rim, for example, with chip and buttons ???? Then we allready could have had it in our hands I guess ???

That item:
    correct
    Thank you.

Ordering anyways ;)

They are the same rims that have been available for 6+ months.
    It doesn't change anything, does it?

I've wanted to buy Porsche 918-like wheel - just to let you know where I am coming from ;)
  • I also pre ordered the universal hub...CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER YEAR for an XOne rim like the BMW M3 or Porsche wheel...but I do feel a little forced into buying the second most expensive "wheel" there is available for the XOne if you wanna race PCars from...ALLMOST day one...
    Why not rebuild the BMW rim, for example, with chip and buttons ???? Then we allready could have had it in our hands I guess ???
    I think this man is after the same qualities.
  • Xbone hub ordered. Now for the 8 week wait!! As delivery estimated 28th May.

• Delivery?