Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• I also pre ordered the universal hub...CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER YEAR for an XOne rim like the BMW M3 or Porsche wheel...but I do feel a little forced into buying the second most expensive "wheel" there is available for the XOne if you wanna race PCars from...ALLMOST day one...
    Why not rebuild the BMW rim, for example, with chip and buttons ???? Then we allready could have had it in our hands I guess ???
    I think this man is after the same qualities.

I understand you wanting something different. I'm just saying the rims selection should be of no surprise as they are the existing rims. That's all.
  • Hi Thomas,

Just to confirm, if i were to purchase the Xbox one hub this would enable me to use my formula carbon rim for it?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hi Thomas,

Just to confirm, if i were to purchase the Xbox one hub this would enable me to use my formula carbon rim for it?

No this won't work with existing quick release rims. Screw attachment rims only.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

• Surely the best thing to do was concentrate efforts on the universal hub to give people a wider selection of wheels?!
    I understand that a formula rim would be nice but initially to please the majority this has to be the correct thing for Thomas to have done.
    It's all good. Just want to be sure of the best rim to choose for playing Forza,PCars,etc.
    edited April 2015
    So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

» show previous quotes

For now yes...
    But he mentions another rim coming later in the year, lower price, aimed at a bigger audience. I think it'll be something akin to the CSR-E F1 "RIM" with XBO compatibility...

A cheaper plastic F1 style rim (like the 99€ CSR-E Version) In fact... Im so sure of it, I'm not ordering this as it's not right for me.

£350 (+ delivery) for 1 rim for Xbox is not right for me at all when PS4 is "free" for me. This 1 non quick release, single rim, screw attached xbo supported wheel would cost me MORE than a PS4 or an XBO with games and change :-0 ... I can't justify that when all the games I need will be on PS4 and comparable with the quick release porche rim and F1 carbon (hot swap in game)

Considering the rim is technically not even quick release either, as I will need to sit with a screw driver and unscrew 5 hex screws from the rim, remove it and then re screw in 5 more to the alternate rim if I want to change cars.

I like the current quick release system and I think that suits my needs far more than this.

Great idea and concept... But not for me I don't think...

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper AND they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

I see on the sim forums there are a few bitter views from current universal hub Owners... Early adoption is a bummer sometimes
  • Will the Handbrake work with the Xbox One wheel and V2 Wheel base?
    edited April 2015
    Double post... Dam iPad :) x
  • Universal Hub für Xbox One und das GT-Lenkrad wurden gerade von mir im Shop geordert. ;)

Schön das es im Laufe des Jahres auch noch ein günstigeres Produkt geben wird, vermutlich zum Release von Forza 6 ;) ....wobei das reine Spekulation von meiner Seite ist. Da ich mich aber mit der schon gekauften V2 Base für das Highlight aus eurem Sortiment entschieden habe, ist dieses kommende Produkt keine Option mehr. Zu extrem war außerdem der Sprung von meinem alten CSR zur V2 Base..... jedenfalls das was ich am PC schon testen konnte. Hoffe das dieses grandiose Forcefeedback so auch auf der Xbox One übertragen werden konnte.

• i just bought a hub around a month ago,  will it work with an xbox?
  • Thomas will this Hub work on XB360??? Your post says it works on "XB1, PC and there is a Hot Button to Make it Wirk on other Platforms as well".
    edited April 2015
    i just bought a hub around a month ago,  will it work with an xbox?
    Thomas will this Hub work on XB360??? Your post says it works on "XB1, PC and there is a Hot Button to Make it Wirk on other Platforms as well".

Nope... and... Nope

No to both...
    According to the listing and descriptions at fanatec.com the new hub is NOT Xbox 360 compatible and the old universal hub won't work with XBO. There are many who just bought the universal hub who are not happy on the sim forums :(
  • ok i have a queation, how does the rim work? does the hub access the XB1 wirelessly or through the usb port on the base? how is the FFB communicated? will the wheel bases need an update to incorporate the FFB protocol for the XB1? 

the reason i ask is i already have two CSR elites in my possession (both of wich are heavily modified) and i want to find out if i can mod the clubsport Q/R and get some sort of piggy back connection on the XB1, as i understand the csr elite has 10 wires to the wheel rim were the CSW's have 12, so i wont get 'full' functionality if its even possible  
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited April 2015

» show previous quotes

For now yes...
    But he mentions another rim coming later in the year, lower price, aimed at a bigger audience. I think it'll be something akin to the CSR-E F1 "RIM" with XBO compatibility...

A cheaper plastic F1 style rim (like the 99€ CSR-E Version) In fact... Im so sure of it, I'm not ordering this as it's not right for me.

£350 (+ delivery) for 1 rim for Xbox is not right for me at all when PS4 is "free" for me. This 1 non quick release, single rim, screw attached xbo supported wheel would cost me MORE than a PS4 or an XBO with games and change :-0 ... I can't justify that when all the games I need will be on PS4 and comparable with the quick release porche rim and F1 carbon (hot swap in game)

Considering the rim is technically not even quick release either, as I will need to sit with a screw driver and unscrew 5 hex screws from the rim, remove it and then re screw in 5 more to the alternate rim if I want to change cars.

I like the current quick release system and I think that suits my needs far more than this.

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper ANDROID they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

I see on the sim forums there are a few bitter views from current universal hub Owners... Early adoption is a bummer sometimes

I disagree with F1 rim coming next. IMO it will be along the lines of the BMW or PORSCHE rim. That would appeal to a much broader customer base. And CSRE F1 rim isn't plastic it's exactly like the CS formula rim but not QR. It just got marked down from $179.
  • i wish it was the bmw or porsche wheel, while the universal wheel hub allows more options, it still has more basic rims and is more difficult to configure. 
  • Will the Handbrake work with the Xbox One wheel and V2 Wheel base?
    This is also my question... thomas?
  • Regarding the xbox one, will microsoft need to release a dashboard/software update so the console will recognize the xbox one wheel rim + base or is it compatible from day one?
  • Strange direction from fanatec.

Console people want plug and play that's why the like consoles.

Would have thought the f1 rim and gt rim was the way to go.

PC Users like to mod everything so the hub is right up their street.

Weird indeed.

• While im Happy that the XB1 Wheel Hub is Finaly Here... I Was Hoping For a Stand alone Rim More like the Porsche and F1 Rims.

I dont think i will be ordering this as the Buttons on the Hub are Basicaly Useless...IE: When using the v2 with PS3 or XB1 with the TX i just keep a Controler Next to me for Easy Menue Navigation. I think i will wait for the Stand alone Rims and just Play on PS4 with the Porsche and F1 wheel i Have for Now...and just like i thought the Price of the Rim + the Hub is the Price of a PS4 and with the Hub set up i will Need 2 Hubs to be able to Truely Quick Change from GT to F1 style wheel...FM6 is Not Coming out any time soon so i Have alot of time to Save Cash Flow for when the Next wheels are Released.
  • Regarding the xbox one, will microsoft need to release a dashboard/software update so the console will recognize the xbox one wheel rim + base or is it compatible from day one?
    Guess us dashboard beta testers will be first to know that.  I havn't heard about it yet.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited April 2015

Strange direction from fanatec.

Weird indeed.

True. But it comes preconfigured for the GT rim so that's only 6 screws and you're off to the races. The HUB also will allow just about everyone to get the rim of their choice. If they focused on F1 or GT for the 1st selection they would've left out a lot of people. This way hits the broadest possible audience out of the gate. Now they can do more specialty rims to complement the hub. This is only my opinion. I'm sure there are other opinions. And that's cool. We can discuss them and have fun doin so.
    I know this is not the topic to be asking this question however I am ordering the Clubsport Pedals along with the X1 wheel and its says May 31st availability. 
    Is there an update to the Clubsport pedals happening or just literally sold out?

• I know this is not the topic to be asking this question however I am ordering the Clubsport Pedals along with the X1 wheel and its says May 31st availability. 
    Is there an update to the Clubsport pedals happening or just literally sold out?

As Thomas stated in a previous post, the clubsport pedals v2 will get a slight upgrade. Maybe they change the name to v2.5 - v3 seems to be unrealistic. We will hopefully soon get to know which changes were made to the design.
  • And how can you say: 'Future proof' Thomas...if M$ comes with a next next gen console I can bet my life it also ain't gonna be backwards compatible with the XOne...just like the 360 ain't !!! So it's bye bye expensive hubby..like the CSR Ellite and GT3 rs are now for XONE.
    So I know what brand my next next gen console will be....bye bye M$
  • Strange direction from fanatec.

Weird indeed.

True. But it comes preconfigured for the GT rim so that's only 6 screws and you're off to the races. The HUB also will allow just about everyone to get the rim of their choice. If they focused on F1 or GT for the 1st selection they would've left out a lot of people. This way hits the broadest possible audience out of the gate. Now they can do more specialty rims to complement the hub. This is only my opinion. I'm sure there are other opinions. And that's cool. We can discuss them and have fun doin so.

Probably the quickest way to bring an xbox one wheel to market. The f1 and gt wheels will follow. This seems an expensive option and quite plain looking. The f1 rim I have is a really nicely made item and great to use, so are the gt rims although the bmw rim is too heavy.
  • While im Happy that the XB1 Wheel Hub is Finaly Here... I Was Hoping For a Stand alone Rim More like the Porsche and F1 Rims. I think i will wait for the Stand alone Rims

Do you think that standalone rims (racing wheels?) will show up, one day?

Same here regarding Porsche wheel.
    edited April 2015

» show previous quotes

For now yes...

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper ANDROID they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

I disagree with F1 rim coming next. IMO it will be along the lines of the BMW or PORSCHE rim. That would appeal to a much broader customer base. And CSRE F1 rim isn't plastic it's exactly like the CS formula rim but not QR. It just got marked down from $179.

I said "similar" to the CSR-E F1 style Rim... Not specifically and F1 Rim. As the CSR-E only has 1 after market rim, I was semantically restricted trying to describe that scenario.

What I meant was, that the "rim" we will see released around Forza 6 would likely use lesser quality material (like the Elite version of the F1 Rim which uses plastic instead of leather/Alcantara)

I know you think that Elite F1 rim is of the same quality as the F1 CSW edition, but it's not... It uses different materials for the grips etc. it's clearly stated on the product page. It's a lesser product.

I think we will see rims of a similar quality to the CSR-E rims. Lower quality, cheaper to produce (like they did with the CSR-E F1 Rim) sell it cheap and make a killing from the mass market.

The plus side to this will be, genuine quick release, doesn't cost more than a console and 5 games :D and is cross platform compatible.

This single, non quick release rim will cost me £400 to buy wheel and have shipped.
    That equals (at today's market rate) about $590 US Dollars? for a rim :-0
    i can get a return flight fir £59 to New York on groupon. I could literally fly to America, ship one to my hotel, fly home and save money :D

I'll wait for that as close to £400 (shipping included) for 1 non quick release wheel??? Well... I just can't see the upside for me as the consumer? (Some will have their own reasons and justifications though).

I'll buy a genuine quick release wheel when it's available.

This product looks a lot like another stop gap... Much like the original universal wheel hub looks now. As really that's kind of redundant now (imo)
    I know this is not the topic to be asking this question however I am ordering the Clubsport Pedals along with the X1 wheel and its says May 31st availability. 

They are being updated.
    Thomas confirmed this in the thread below (to me) :)
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015

Why more than the regular Uni Hub? Wireless? Licensing? What? I have thought deeply over the release of this product and have come to the conclusion that I will not be using my CSW with an Xbox 1 which has sent me in this direction and saves me 6 dollars to boot

TX 458 Italia wheel