Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015

Why more than the regular Uni Hub? Wireless? Licensing? What? I have thought deeply over the release of this product and have come to the conclusion that I will not be using my CSW with an Xbox 1 which has sent me in this direction and saves me 6 dollars to boot

TX 458 Italia wheel

I was all hyped up for a XBO wheel, really excited and looking forward, checking the site daily.
    Now... I'll stick with PC/PS4 as £400 (which is $590 at today's exchange rate) is unbelievable just to play Forza as ALL other games will be cross platform (PCars/F1/Dirt/etc)

I would have bought a Porsche rim with Xbo compatibility though (or similar) but this hub is not a genuine quick release (for the rim) is far too expensive for 1 game, is likely to become redundant (like the universal hub just did) when the "complete" rims hit later this year.

PCars will tide me over until then, along with F1 2015 and Dirt 4 :)
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited April 2015
    So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

» show previous quotes

For now yes...
    But he mentions another rim coming later in the year, lower price, aimed at a bigger audience. I think it'll be something akin to the CSR-E F1 "RIM" with XBO compatibility...

A cheaper plastic F1 style rim (like the 99€ CSR-E Version) In fact... Im so sure of it, I'm not ordering this as it's not right for me.

£350 (+ delivery) for 1 rim for Xbox is not right for me at all when PS4 is "free" for me. This 1 non quick release, single rim, screw attached xbo supported wheel would cost me MORE than a PS4 or an XBO with games and change :-0 ... I can't justify that when all the games I need will be on PS4 and comparable with the quick release porche rim and F1 carbon (hot swap in game)

Considering the rim is technically not even quick release either, as I will need to sit with a screw driver and unscrew 5 hex screws from the rim, remove it and then re screw in 5 more to the alternate rim if I want to change cars.

I like the current quick release system and I think that suits my needs far more than this.

Great idea and concept... But not for me I don't think...

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper ANDROID they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

I see on the sim forums there are a few bitter views from current universal hub Owners... Early adoption is a bummer sometimes

I disagree with F1 rim coming next. IMO it will be along the lines of the BMW or PORSCHE rim. That would appeal to a much broader customer base. And CSRE F1 rim isn't plastic it's exactly like the CS formula rim but not QR. It just got marked down from $179.

I said "similar" to the CSR-E F1 style Rim... Not specifically and F1 Rim. As the CSR-E only has 1 after market rim, I was semantically restricted trying to describe that scenario.

What I meant was, that the "rim" we will see released around Forza 6 would likely use lesser quality material (like the Elite version of the F1 Rim which uses plastic instead of leather/Alcantara)

I know you think that Elite F1 rim is of the same quality as the F1 CSW edition, but it's not... It uses different materials for the grips etc. it's clearly stated on the product page. It's a lesser product.

I think we will see rims of a similar quality to the CSR-E rims. Lower quality, cheaper to produce (like they did with the CSR-E F1 Rim) sell it cheap and make a killing from the mass market.

The plus side to this will be, genuine quick release, doesn't cost more than a console and 5 games :D and is cross platform compatible.

This single, non quick release rim will cost me £400 to buy wheel and have shipped.
    That equals (at today's market rate) about $590 US Dollars? for a rim :-0
    i can get a return flight fir £59 to New York on groupon. I could literally fly to America, ship one to my hotel, fly home and save money :D

I'll wait for that as close to £400 (shipping included) for 1 non quick release wheel??? Well... I just can't see the upside for me as the consumer? (Some will have their own reasons and justifications though).

I'll buy a genuine quick release wheel when it's available.

This product looks a lot like another stop gap... Much like the original universal wheel hub looks now. As really that's kind of redundant now (imo)

Natalie if the CSRE Formula was made of lesser quality material why was it originally the exact same price as the CS Formula rim? The grips are different yes. But it's still fully made of metal. Metal shifter paddles etc.. The differences are minimal. And I think Thomas would be doing the CS line a disservice to make lower quality products. If I wanted lesser quality I'd buy that other brand. IMO anything with ClubSport attached to it should be top quality materials-no short cuts. I don't want to buy a PORSCHE with vinyl seats. Just my opinion. And you're entitled to yours.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited April 2015

Why more than the regular Uni Hub? Wireless? Licensing? What? I have thought deeply over the release of this product and have come to the conclusion that I will not be using my CSW with an Xbox 1 which has sent me in this direction and saves me 6 dollars to boot

TX 458 Italia wheel

I was all hyped up for a XBO wheel, really excited and looking forward, checking the site daily.
    Now... I'll stick with PC/PS4 as £400 (which is $590 at today's exchange rate) is unbelievable just to play Forza as ALL other games will be cross platform (PCars/F1/Dirt/etc)

I would have bought a Porsche rim with Xbo compatibility though (or similar) but this hub is not a genuine quick release (for the rim) is far too expensive for 1 game, is likely to become redundant (like the universal hub just did) when the "complete" rims hit later this year.

yeah the pricing made a lot more sense before the PS4 announcement and it would be the only console wheel. Not that it stopped me from buying one, Forza is my favorite series and where I will put the most hours. 
    Of course knowing what I know now playing Forza on XB1 has cost me almost two thousand since my old Turbo S now works on PS4, so between buying a CSW V2, sim seats SR-X, clubsport shifter and this wheel hub.
  • Wow, just wow! What an amazing product, I never imagined Microsoft would let you sell it as a universal hub. I think I will end up with an Xbox One after all.
    So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

» show previous quotes

For now yes...
    But he mentions another rim coming later in the year, lower price, aimed at a bigger audience. I think it'll be something akin to the CSR-E F1 "RIM" with XBO compatibility...

A cheaper plastic F1 style rim (like the 99€ CSR-E Version) In fact... Im so sure of it, I'm not ordering this as it's not right for me.

£350 (+ delivery) for 1 rim for Xbox is not right for me at all when PS4 is "free" for me. This 1 non quick release, single rim, screw attached xbo supported wheel would cost me MORE than a PS4 or an XBO with games and change :-0 ... I can't justify that when all the games I need will be on PS4 and comparable with the quick release porche rim and F1 carbon (hot swap in game)

Considering the rim is technically not even quick release either, as I will need to sit with a screw driver and unscrew 5 hex screws from the rim, remove it and then re screw in 5 more to the alternate rim if I want to change cars.

I like the current quick release system and I think that suits my needs far more than this.

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper ANDROID they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

I see on the sim forums there are a few bitter views from current universal hub Owners... Early adoption is a bummer sometimes

I disagree with F1 rim coming next. IMO it will be along the lines of the BMW or PORSCHE rim. That would appeal to a much broader customer base. And CSRE F1 rim isn't plastic it's exactly like the CS formula rim but not QR. It just got marked down from $179.

I said "similar" to the CSR-E F1 style Rim... Not specifically and F1 Rim. As the CSR-E only has 1 after market rim, I was semantically restricted trying to describe that scenario.

What I meant was, that the "rim" we will see released around Forza 6 would likely use lesser quality material (like the Elite version of the F1 Rim which uses plastic instead of leather/Alcantara)

I know you think that Elite F1 rim is of the same quality as the F1 CSW edition, but it's not... It uses different materials for the grips etc. it's clearly stated on the product page. It's a lesser product.

I think we will see rims of a similar quality to the CSR-E rims. Lower quality, cheaper to produce (like they did with the CSR-E F1 Rim) sell it cheap and make a killing from the mass market.

The plus side to this will be, genuine quick release, doesn't cost more than a console and 5 games :D and is cross platform compatible.

This single, non quick release rim will cost me £400 to buy wheel and have shipped.
    i can get a return flight fir £59 to New York on groupon. I could literally fly to America, ship one to my hotel, fly home and save money :D

I'll wait for that as close to £400 (shipping included) for 1 non quick release wheel??? Well... I just can't see the upside for me as the consumer? (Some will have their own reasons and justifications though).

This product looks a lot like another stop gap... Much like the original universal wheel hub looks now. As really that's kind of redundant now (imo)

Natalie if the CSRE Formula was made of lesser quality material why was it originally the exact same price as the CS Formula rim? The grips are different yes. But it's still fully made of metal. Metal shifter paddles etc.. The differences are minimal. And I think Thomas would be doing the CS line a disservice to make lower quality products. If I wanted lesser quality I'd buy that other brand. IMO anything with ClubSport attached to it should be top quality materials-no short cuts. I don't want to buy a PORSCHE with vinyl seats. Just my opinion. And you're entitled to yours.

You contradict yourself, then move the goal posts?
    You said "if" it was made of lesser quality materials why was it the same price... Then you went on to agree it was indeed made of lesser quality materials???

There is nothing wrong with it being cheap, I think it's great. But it was NOT made of genuine plush materials like it's bigger brother. It also did not have all the same features, buttons (no analog controls) no quick release metal plate etc like it's bigger brother.

It's not a disservice to call it lesser quality when it was indeed built for a wheel that was a priced and classed as a step below the CSW (in features etc). It is unquestionably made of materials that are not of as high a standard as its bigger brother, they may be just as good in some respects, but they are cheaper and not as comfortable to hold.

It's not a "dig" at the item, it's a fact!

If you wore cheap plastic shoes/gloves/jacket and I wore expensive leather... Its a fact that yours are made of a lesser quality material than mine.

It's not a disservice to call them cheap or lesser quality? They are! But in being so, they become great value!

If yours were £5 plastic shoes from pirmark and mine were £5000 from an Italian store, my point is, that the materials are known to different, one is consider a lesser quality than the other.

However, sometimes the £5 option is the better one, why, because even though is clearly of a lesser quality, it's substantially better value for its intended use!
  • A little disappointed....  But I may still order it...  To be clear it is XBOX ONE, PC, PS3 and PS4 Compatible , correct?

A little disappointed....  But I may still order it...  To be clear it is XBOX ONE, PC, PS3 and PS4 Compatible , correct?

Correct :)
  • So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

» show previous quotes

For now yes...

You contradict yourself, then move the goal posts?
    You said "if" it was made of lesser quality materials why was it the same price... Then you went on to agree it was indeed made of lesser quality materials???

There is nothing wrong with it being cheap, I think it's great. But it was NOT made of genuine plush materials like it's bigger brother. It also did not have all the same features, buttons (no analog controls) no quick release metal plate etc like it's bigger brother.

It's not a disservice to call it lesser quality when it was indeed built for a wheel that was a priced and classed as a step below the CSW (in features etc). It is unquestionably made of materials that are not of as high a standard as its bigger brother, they may be just as good in some respects, but they are cheaper and not as comfortable to hold.

It's not a "dig" at the item, it's a fact!

If you wore cheap plastic shoes/gloves/jacket and I wore expensive leather... Its a fact that yours are made of a lesser quality material than mine.

It's not a disservice to call them cheap or lesser quality? They are! But in being so, they become great value!

If yours were £5 plastic shoes from pirmark and mine were £5000 from an Italian store, my point is, that the materials are known to different, one is consider a lesser quality than the other.

However, sometimes the £5 option is the better one, why, because even though is clearly of a lesser quality, it's substantially better value for its intended use!

Natalie,

Read what I said. I said it would be a disservice to the CS line to have a lesser quality product. I wasn't talking CSRE here. CS stands for ClubSport. So yes it would be bad to make a CS product out of lesser quality materials like you want. Makes zero sense in the CS line to have anything made mostly of plastic.
  • edited April 2015

Natalie, you seem to be very focused on this as not a quick release (even though it is), seems you want to get away with buying only one hub and many wheels? Buy one hub for each wheel and your problem is solved. Hub + wheel is actually cheaper than the Porsche wheel (although not as good looking).

Edit: Oh, and I actually think it will be less redundant than a complete wheel as you can change just the wheel if you need a lighter/heavier/bigger one
    edited April 2015
    So just for the sake of clarity can you state what CS stands for again... In the CSR-Elite ;)

My CSW-V2 will happily accept a Quick release wheel made to the same/similar quality as the CSR-Elite! He stated cheaper rims are coming, cheaper by definition means it won't be using expensive materials!

The CSW is not going to be Thomas top of the line product (moving forward). He stated on VR and on here that new wheels are coming, he even went as far as to say a DD to rival accuforce is en route.

This CSW-V2 therefore (that I own and am using now) is conveniently placed at the middle end of the market and is compatible with consoles, it will therefore accept rims fit for a console... Those similar to the ones sold on the CSR-E as that product is essentially replaced by the CSWV2 (due to its console support).

It WAS Thomas who stated that another "cheaper" rim is coming for the mass market NOT ME LOL! It absolutely will be something that is to the same/similar standard as the CSR-Elite rims because if it's not... It won't be cheaper! And the CRS-E was essentially a CSW for the console (mass market).

He can't make the rims from the same high quality materials but magically sell them at half price? He will substitute plastic where leather used to be etc and sell it cheaper. But it will fit onto the CSWV2 base via quick release!
  • the fact it works on pc, ps4, and xbox one is the reason to own it. I'm glad they gave it ps4 support instead of needing to buy both hubs. as a person that plays all 3, this is good news....now to decide on what rim to get. i have Porsche rim, but been wanting the oval...just don't want oval for xbox as that would be weird in forza series. 
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    And how can you say: 'Future proof' Thomas...if MS comes with a next next gen console I can bet my life it also ain't gonna be backwards compatible with the XOne...just like the 360 ain't !!! So it's bye bye expensive hubby..like the CSR Ellite and GT3 rs are now for XONE.
    So I know what brand my next next gen console will be....bye bye MS
    Wish you would go bye bye and take your chronic crying in public with you.
  • I'm glad someone new to the game knows everything already. ^:)^ (Sarcasm)
  • I called it when the V2 was announced, I knew it would be a Universal Hub, way to go Thomas, mine is pre-ordered!
    I'm glad someone new to the game knows everything already. ^:)^ (Sarcasm)

New to the game?
    Chris first of all you are coming across in a manner that is a little embarrassing...
    Second... New to the game? No new to fanatec! I bought my first fanatec rig last year, but I've played racing games since first using my Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys)!

I'm going by what THOMAS SAID not by conjecture. But I appreciate you demonstrating that you clearly can't hold a mature and civil conversation with a woman in public.

Well done Xx :P
  • So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

» show previous quotes

For now yes...

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper AND they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

He didn't hint at a rim, it's a whole new cheaper base.

New to the game?
    Chris first of all you are coming across in a manner that is a little embarrassing...
    Second... New to the game? No new to fanatec! I bought my first fanatec rig last year, but I've played racing games since first using my Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys)!

I'm going by what THOMAS SAID not by conjecture. But I appreciate you demonstrating that you clearly can't hold a mature and civil conversation with a woman in public.

Pot meet kettle
    edited April 2015

New to the game?

Pot meet kettle

wow... Just wow...
    I think you just portrayed every single stereotypical trait, that the community as a whole seem to get tarnished with in your posts.

I'm sorry you are this way, I don't know why you are, but I feel sorry for you and I forgive you Xx
    Be better, try harder make a positive difference...

Anyone can be a troll, but it takes a real man to be a nice guy, you can do it, I believe in you :)
    edited April 2015

» show previous quotes

He did, but he also mentioned "more wheel bases" which will mean more rims for those bases too.

For now yes...

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper AND they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

Yes you are correct, he did mention a new base as you say..
    But that's not the point were talking about, he also mentioned "several more bases" too and at varying price points.
    Which will mean more rims for those bases... And as they have a standardised QR system... And no one buying a €249 base (as an example of price) will buy a €499 rim he will need to create cheaper rims for these cheaper bases.

"There are several more wheel bases at various price points planned to be released and there will also be another steering wheel for Xbox One to be announced later this year which will be targeted to a broader audience at a much lower price point"

New to the game?

Pot meet kettle

wow... Just wow...
    I think you just portrayed every single stereotypical trait, that the community as a whole seem to get tarnished with in your posts.

I'm sorry you are this way, I don't know why you are, but I feel sorry for you and I forgive you Xx

Anyone can be a troll, but it takes a real man to be a nice guy, you can do it, I believe in you :)

So I disagree with you I'm not nice? Please show me where I was disrespectful. You have your opinions and I have mine. As you've stated in your previous posts we are all entitled to have these. I didn't petsonally attack you in any way. You on the other hand have. And how can someone who firmly supports Fanstec be a troll? I will await your evidence of my indecincy or an apology.

New to the game?

Pot meet kettle

wow... Just wow...

So I disagree with you I'm not nice? Please show me where I was disrespectful. You have your opinions and I have mine. As you've stated in your previous posts we are all entitled to have these. I didn't petsonally attack you in any way. You on the other hand have. And how can someone who firmly supports Fanstec be a troll? I will await your evidence of my indecincy or an apology.

Try harder, be better! You can do it :)

A troll is someone who can troll another person for fun or augment etc. you are doing exactly that. Why!

You were sarcastic in your post (you even wrote that yourself) condescending, and trying to patronise me as invalidating my input as being "new to the game".

Just let it go, you are like a dog with a chew...
    You are better than this Chris surly? This is embarrassing for you, I almost feel guilty as it seems like you have no idea just how rude toy are being?

Please stop now :)
    Go to bed and have a little lie down Xx

New to the game?

Pot meet kettle

wow... Just wow...

Try harder, be better! You can do it :)

A troll is someone who can troll another person for fun or augment etc. you are doing exactly that. Why!

You were sarcastic in your post (you even wrote that yourself) condescending, and trying to patronise me as invalidating my input as being "new to the game".

Just let it go, you are like a dog with a chew...
    You are better than this Chris surly? This is embarrassing for you, I almost feel guilty as it seems like you have no idea just how rude toy are being?

Please stop now :)
    Go to bed and have a little lie down Xx

Again I'll say

Pot meet kettle
  • take my money and please don't delay the shipping.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited April 2015
    A little disappointed....  But I may still order it...  To be clear it is XBOX ONE, PC, PS3 and PS4 Compatible , correct?

EDIT: No PS4 YES! 
    I just placed my pre-order. I chose the GT rim, close enough to the one that came stock with the CSR Elite. And that rim works fine with the cars I race. 
    As for all the bickering going on in this thread and many more threads in this blog. There are a few individuals who just don't know when to back off and shut the **** up. I got drawn in by a couple of those guys, but soon realized I was discussing (no, arguing) with people behaving like bratty children whose opinions mattered not to me. Whenever I expressed a valid concern to the blog administrator/author about the product or services, it was jumped on and trampled by those who thought it their rightful obligation to tear it apart. I grew weary of it and stated as such. 
    Not surprising, much of what I raised issue with has been born out by many of you, given the number of concerns and faults you have listed. I take no comfort in that. 
    I check this blog site often for the few good posts about questions answered and tricks and solutions to issues. I've picked up on and learned from a few good tips here. But I rarely comment any more, given my past experience with some. 
    My advice, take it or leave it, to the people here who want a forum to ask questions, offer suggestions, trade ideas and yes, express concerns, carry on. And keep on smiling. 
    My advice to those who don't have a life and need to justify their time here by lambasting anyone who doesn't share their opinion...Time to Grow up. 

• A little disappointed....  But I may still order it...  To be clear it is XBOX ONE, PC, PS3 and PS4 Compatible , correct?

No PS4. All else okay.
    I just placed my pre-order. I chose the GT rim, close enough to the one that came stock with the CSR Elite. And that rim works fine with the cars I race. 
    As for all the bickering going on in this thread and many more threads in this blog. There are a few individuals who just don't know when to back off and shut the **** up. I got drawn in by a couple of those guys, but soon realized I was discussing (no, arguing) with people behaving like bratty children whose opinions mattered not to me. Whenever I expressed a valid concern to the blog administrator/author about the product or services, it was jumped on and trampled by those who thought it their rightful obligation to tear it apart. I grew weary of it and stated as such. 
    Not surprising, much of what I raised issue with has been born out by many of you, given the number of concerns and faults you have listed. I take no comfort in that. 
    I check this blog site often for the few good posts about questions answered and tricks and solutions to issues. I've picked up on and learned from a few good tips here. But I rarely comment any more, given my past experience with some. 
    My advice, take it or leave it, to the people here who want a forum to ask questions, offer suggestions, trade ideas and yes, express concerns, carry on. And keep on smiling. 
    My advice to those who don't have a life and need to justify their time here by lambasting anyone who doesn't share their opinion...Time to Grow up. 

It is compatible with PS4 according to the product page. FYI

No PS4. All else okay.

yes, PS4, well just project cars at this point. 
  • it will be more than just pcars. no way gt7 won't get the support
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

» show previous quotes

He did, but he also mentioned "more wheel bases" which will mean more rims for those bases too.

For now yes...

Yes you are correct, he did mention a new base as you say..
    But that's not the point were talking about, he also mentioned "several more bases" too and at varying price points.
    Which will mean more rims for those bases... And as they have a standardised QR system... And no one buying a €249 base (as an example of price) will buy a €499 rim he will need to create cheaper rims for these cheaper bases.

"There are several more wheel bases at various price points planned to be released and there will also be another steering wheel for Xbox One to be announced later this year which will be targeted to a broader audience at a much lower price point"

I have no doubt he'll make a cheap plastic rim and a CSW style mould base that is made of plastic and most likely a more expensive Direct Drive base as well. The people that bought a V2 are not the type to want a cheap plastic rim to mount on it so what he did with releasing a Universal Hub is exactly what was expected. Down the road he can make a rim for the unwashed.
  • Thanks for the hint Thomas. It looks like my stupid question, wasn't so stupid after all.

:)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    For those with experience. Which wheel is best for games like Project Cars,Forza,F1,etc? Comfort level and setup