Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Regarding the xbox one, will microsoft need to release a dashboard/software update so the console will recognize the xbox one wheel rim + base or is it compatible from day one?
    Guess us dashboard beta testers will be first to know that.  I havn't heard about it yet.
    I'd imagine it's working right now as Thomas has been playing FM5 with it and there has to be beta testers using it too.
  • it will be more than just pcars. no way gt7 won't get the support
    Plenty of games before that that we don't know about F1 2015? will driveclub or the crew be patched for support.  it requires the developer to add the driver to the game. 

Sony never officially supported Fanatec last gen, and since they need to have the driver in the game, we don't know at this point. GT7 hasn't even been announced yet, estimates are a 2017 release. 

@thomas does this X1 compatibility work for all X1 games(the Crew), or just Forza, Project cars?
  • It will work on EVERYTHING, MS isn't the crapshoot sony is.
  • to thomas, can i trade my new hub for an xbox one...
  • I just noticed the QR is anodized green, haha!
    Plenty of games before that that we don't know about F1 2015? will driveclub or the crew be patched for support.  it requires the developer to add the driver to the game. 

Sony never officially supported Fanatec last gen, and since they need to have the driver in the game, we don't know at this point. GT7 hasn't even been announced yet, estimates are a 2017 release. 

@thomas does this X1 compatibility work for all X1 games(the Crew), or just Forza, Project cars?
    anything else other than gt7, should be played on pc...so nothing else matters but gt7 in this case
  • So, Fanatec confirms they are kinda in the hurt financially right now(EU market atleast)? I guess that means it's time to open up pre-orders for a new product, and start taking people's money immediately for something that will eventually be released months away..

Thomas, are you guys ok over there? Have you dug a hole and are now constantly trying to play catchup by robbing Peter to pay Paul? What gives? Fanatec is the only company I know that has these business practices.

I'm tired of paying months in advance, wake me up when we get there.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So, Fanatec confirms they are kinda in the hurt financially right now(EU market atleast)? I guess that means it's time to open up pre-orders for a new product, and start taking people's money immediately for something that will eventually be released months away..

Thomas, are you guys ok over there? Have you dug a hole and are now constantly trying to play catchup by robbing Peter to pay Paul? What gives? Fanatec is the only company I know that has these business practices.

I was just gonna ask if we will be charged up front for the preorder or when it actually ships?
  • Great to see the XB1 wheel at last! Still saving up for the wheelbase and now more expense haha! Fingers crossed I'll have enough in time for the release of Forza 6. Any chance of a wheelbase + XB1 wheel bundle in the future?
  • little more expensive then expected.... what ever happened to multiple wheel options for different budgets? what gives???
  • So, Fanatec confirms they are kinda in the hurt financially right now(EU market atleast)? I guess that means it's time to open up pre-orders for a new product, and start taking people's money immediately for something that will eventually be released months away..

I was just gonna ask if we will be charged up front for the preorder or when it actually ships?
    As allways...pay upfront or the product ain't gonna be shipped around the 28/05/2015
  • little more expensive then expected.... what ever happened to multiple wheel options for different budgets? what gives???
    Maybe like next year looking at announcements and actual availability in the past...LOL
  • http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-gt-xbox-one-usa.html

Is the date here accurate? All the others are 5/31, this one (that I already pre-ordered) says 8/31. I'm hoping it is a typo? :)
  • Even though a Universal Hub is Not What i Want I think Thomas/Fanatec Made the Right Choice by Releasing a Universal Hub First!!! it Has apeal to More People PC, XB1, PS3 & PS4!!!

I Believe that Thomas/Fanatec will Offer a Line of More Expensive Stand alone wheel Rims Similar to the Porsche & F1 for those that want to Buy them and also Offer less Expensive options for those that want to Save some $$$.

This is the First XB1 or Multi Platform Rim/Hub for this Console Generation. Lets All Be Happy That Progress has been Made... I Myself am Not Thrilled about a Universal Wheel Hub but i am Happy it is Here and i am Looking forward because i Believe better things will come. I would have prefered a Stand alone wheel because i own the Porsche & F1 Rim already and i dont want to Have to take a Hub apart every time i want to Change GT to F1... thats just my preference...

And This News is Better than Most Hoped For...That the Hub will wirk on XB1,PC, PS4 & PS3!!! I was Hoping for XB360 also but i/We Cant have everything so i will just be Happy that orogress Has Been Made and wait Patiently for the Stand alone Rims to be Released.
  • Im think im going to wait to order this Hub/Rim because i want to Read the Reviews about PCars FFB on PC, PS4 vs XB1 with M$ saying that tbey have a New FFB System if thats True then the FFB should Feel Better with PCars on XB1 than it Does on PCars for PS4...If Both Feels the Same then whats the point of the New M$ FFB??? Besides making every 1 order New stuff and Spend More $$$...jmt
  • My tipp: buy for the money a PS4 and use the fanatec stuff you already have !

Most of the games you can play on all platforms, except "The Crew", but this is typically not the game for gamers with Fanatec equipement.
  • LOL!!! The Day it was announced that PS4 will work with the V2 as is i went and bought a PS4!!!
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited April 2015
    it still does suck my porshe rim will work on ps4 (currently using it on pc obviously) but not on xbox. I mean yay for $400 rim that can't be used in forza.  it is what it is unfortunately.  
  • Any idea if the PS4 Wheels will support drive club?
  • Any more info on the additional 5 button box?

As stated in details

◾ An additional 5th button box unit can be attached (not included)

Cant seem to find it in the store.

• Bit gutted there isn't a F1 rim. but like this universal hub. Knew it wasn't going to be cheap because of previous post about price increases. but if it proves to be solid and they eventually release a F1 rim then ill be happy. pre ordered with the gt rim which should do most cars apart from F1 . shame theres no rev lights
  • Bit gutted there isn't a F1 rim. but like this universal hub. Knew it wasn't going to be cheap because of previous post about price increases. but if it proves to be solid and they eventually release a F1 rim then ill be happy. pre ordered with the gt rim which should do most cars apart from F1 . shame theres no rev lights
    not gonna get rev lights on a console. 

anything else other than gt7, should be played on pc...so nothing else matters but gt7 in this case
    Good luck playing driveclub on PC. Even if it wasn't a great game, they are going to improve for DC2. Plenty of people on here are only on console, other games F1 2015, isn't going to be a big difference on PC vs PS4, unlike SMS other devs are releasing games that don't have tons of PC optimizations and improvements over console. 

If PC is all you are going to play there are way better options than Fanatec. Buy a direct drive wheel and hydraulic pedals.  

I have made plenty of arguments for PC over console on here, but maximizing console compatibility absolutely matters.  
  • Will there be an F1 Wheel Rim for the XboxOne in the future and if yes, roughly how long??

I just received my Invite Code and now I have to put off buying the new ClubSport Base V2 because the F1 Rim isn't available for XboxOne :(
  • Will there be an F1 Wheel Rim for the XboxOne in the future and if yes, roughly how long??

I just received my Invite Code and now I have to put off buying the new ClubSport Base V2 because the F1 Rim isn't available for XboxOne :(
    Whatever timeframe they tell you add six months. 
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    So just to be sure there is no formula one rim? The flat 1 or GT rim is the best option?

» show previous quotes

He did, but he also mentioned "more wheel bases" which will mean more rims for those bases too.

For now yes...
    But he mentions another rim coming later in the year, lower price, aimed at a bigger audience. I think it'll be something akin to the CSR-E F1 "RIM" with XBO compatibility...

A cheaper plastic F1 style rim (like the 99€ CSR-E Version) In fact... Im so sure of it, I'm not ordering this as it's not right for me.

£350 (+ delivery) for 1 rim for Xbox is not right for me at all when PS4 is "free" for me. This 1 non quick release, single rim, screw attached xbo supported wheel would cost me MORE than a PS4 or an XBO with games and change :-0 ... I can't justify that when all the games I need will be on PS4 and comparable with the quick release porche rim and F1 carbon (hot swap in game)

Considering the rim is technically not even quick release either, as I will need to sit with a screw driver and unscrew 5 hex screws from the rim, remove it and then re screw in 5 more to the alternate rim if I want to change cars.

I like the current quick release system and I think that suits my needs far more than this.

Great idea and concept... But not for me I don't think...

Plus what's with the strange ambiguity re: the pricing? Why is it €50 more expensive to buy it in a bundle? Bundles are supposed to be cheaper AND they don't match the price posted by Thomas?

I see on the sim forums there are a few bitter views from current universal hub Owners... Early adoption is a bummer sometimes
    He didn't hint at a rim, it's a whole new cheaper base.

Yes you are correct, he did mention a new base as you say..
    But that's not the point were talking about, he also mentioned "several more bases" too and at varying price points.
    Which will mean more rims for those bases... And as they have a standardised QR system... And no one buying a €249 base (as an example of price) will buy a €499 rim he will need to create cheaper rims for these cheaper bases.

"There are several more wheel bases at various price points planned to be released and there will also be another steering wheel for Xbox One to be announced later this year which will be targeted to a broader audience at a much lower price point"

I have no doubt he'll make a cheap plastic rim and a CSW style mould base that is made of plastic and most likely a more expensive Direct Drive base as well. The people that bought a V2 are not the type to want a cheap plastic rim to mount on it so what he did with releasing a Universal Hub is exactly what was expected. Down the road he can make a rim for the unwashed.

Yea I agree. I think a cheaper plastic style CSW will make an appearance, however as a current V2 owner myself (and F1 Carbon and Porshe Rim user) I can say that as one of those users, I would welcome a cheap xbox wheel ;)

I can absolute see why the hub has been used, it's great for compatibility and a fast release. I'm going to hang on until they incorporate the electronics into a complete wheel. A little cheap Xbox rim would suit me to play Forza, while I use my Porsche and F1 Carbon rims on PCars, Dirt 4, F1 2015, GT7 etc etc etc ;)

Here's hoping we dont have to wait too long :)
  • edited April 2015
    Special Note
    ClubSport Wheel Base with firmware 076 (or higher) needed for operation.

Highest version available now is 065.

Is the firmware specific for XB1 or are there also other enhancements?

Ordered my ClubSport steering wheel GT Xbox One EU.
    When it arrives i'm will be selling my ClubSport steering wheel GT EU.
    One wheel to play on PC, PS3, PS4 en XB1.
  • This is awesome. Just placed my order. Thank you very much
  • woah, just seen the date for the GT rim bundle and its 31-08-2015. my order still says 28-05-2015

• Good luck playing driveclub on PC. 
    yeah no one wants to either.