Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• It's not listed in the specs so I imagine you would just use your controller with audio adapter setup to chat , just like you do now. I know this works with the TX wheel, but you may have to plug the controller in via USB to stop it from turning off unless MS updates this in the future. My gaming PC is hooked up to my HDMI in of my XO and when gaming on PC I always use my XO headset and it never shuts off so who knows exactly how it will work?
  • Ok, so I'm still a little confused...

I own the CSR wheel (not the elite, The forza one), clubsport pedals, and the standard sequential shift and H-pattern. 

This hub will attach to my csr base and work with the xbox one?
    reading comprehension, you lack
  • Thomas I just noticed the Gt rim I ordered with my hub isnt available untill august :( I didnt notice this at the time and the flat rim I like is also not available untill august. Could you please comment on what rims will be ready for the launch of the hub as if I still need to wait 3 months after the hub is released if your dates are correct. Id rather order 2 quick release rims if this is the case as id be able to just play ps4 instead when pcars and F1 2015 is released. Please  reply Thomas I really dont want to wait till the end of august to have my wheel delivered!
  • Thomas, thank you!

Now I get to spend the next two months figuring out exactly what after-market racing wheel I want to live with!

• My tipp: buy for the money a PS4 and use the fanatec stuff you already have !

Most of the games you can play on all platforms, except "The Crew", but this is typically not the game for gamers with Fanatec equipement.
    Have you played The Crew? It supports Fanatec Gear better then Milestone or Codemasters and has a better FFB system as well and is a great driving-racing game. You should try it you might just be pleasantly  surprised?
  • Seems like module on UH
    can I attach module myself in UH??
  • Does anyone know if the smart phone display will be compatible for the xbox one?
  • If someone invented an XOne display app and M$ makes it compatible..then yes....at the moment no
  • On the other version of the hub it shows a smart phone but on the xbox hub says no data, it would be a shame if this does not work.
  • Jakob LachJakob Lach Member
    edited April 2015
    The USB port on the non-xbox-hub is charge-only! There is no data link between the base/hub and a smartphone (right now?). The Data you see in this picture is brought by a 3rd party app which communicates with the game/3rd party software via wireless data connection.

Sony and Xbox featured different second screen scenarios during their console presentations. The amount and the quality of companion apps for current gen games is pretty poor. Hopefully this will change in the future...
  • Hallo Thomas,
    vielen Dank für den neuen XBox One Hub und Gratulation für die erste Lieferterminanhebung! Ich gehe davon aus, dass die Minderheit sich hier im Forum negativ auslässt, und der Großteil Eure Hardware entsprechend schätzt und bereits bestellt hat! Ich freue mich auf den 28.05 und werde die restliche Rüstzeit für den Neuaufbau meines Rennsitzes nutzen.

Danke auch an das ganze FANATEC - Team!

P.S.: PCars wurde gestern von Amazon für den 15.05 bestätigt.
  • Thanks for that Jakob, hopefully this may happen at some point.
  • You have to pay 480 euros for a plain wheel and then another 370 euros for a hub to be able to use the wheel LOL rip off....bring out the f1 wheels already...
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Ok so what just happened? My hub is available May 31 and the wheel now in August? Are you kidding me I have to wait 4 more months to play on Xbox One?
    This just gets worse by the minute.
  • my csw and hub dont work with driveclub...but on the website the ps4 is ticked,   what gives?
  • Ok so what just happened? My hub is available May 31 and the wheel now in August? Are you kidding me I have to wait 4 more months to play on Xbox One?
    This just gets worse by the minute.
    I have a similar question. It shows now that the hub isn't available till august but if you order separately it shows that the wheel is available now but the hub isn't till august but in the initial post it says it will be available in may? I just got on to see this release for X Box one please confirm dates of release and shipping Thomas. Also it may be better if it is a supply and demand issue to anticipate large orders so simply make more of the product to have it in stock at the time of order instead of having a release date of one date then one day later its moved till 4 months. You don't have to wait 4 months when you charge or credit cards to get your money and considering those who are ordering these wheels have paid some where around $1000.00 USD or more you should be much more customer oriented when it comes to them. I mean the setup alone is more than a ps4+Xbox one combined. I hope you will update us soon.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So both are showing August now! Before my card gets charged I would like to know if the date has moved to August?
  • If it says August then August it is...IF everything isn't delayed like V2 base.

The estimated May production is sold out!!!
  • my csw and hub dont work with driveclub...but on the website the ps4 is ticked,   what gives?

I believe your wheel needs to be supported by the game so that part of it is on the Game Developer.

Maybe push for a compatibility patch. Anyway thanks for the heads up.

• If it says August then August it is...IF everything isn't delayed like V2 base.

The estimated May production is sold out!!!
    Well looks like i will just hold on to my wheel base and wait. Hopefully they will make a porsch RSR wheel or some of the others with X Box one compatibility and i will just play my other racers on ps4. Since we have to wait till august to get them I will just wait that long and I am sure they will announce the other wheels by then as well
  • I haven't placed my order yesterday due to shortage of money on PayPal and 24hrs later, availability is delayed THREE MONTHS?!

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!!!
  • @Julian Jackson, if you don't order it by now, you will end up with nothing until December!
    You've been warned! ;)
  • @Julian Jackson, if you don't order it by now, you will end up with nothing until December!
    You've been warned! ;)
    At this rate no one will ever get a wheel until the next x box and ps 5 come out. You'd think that with them being in demand and the extreme cost of them fanatec would be able to account for this and do more in terms of availabilty or at least as was the case with the wheel base issue out codes and invites for those wanting to purchase. It isn't the wheels themselves that are on delay but rather the universal hubs. Still one would also think that perhaps since fanatec has the older hubs that would simply add the necessary chip to some existing hubs and products or do a firmware update to make the older hubs compatible now that they have liscensing 
  • Thomas any chance we can get these airshipped from China to avoid west coast ports issue?
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm glad I didn't jump the gun on a new x1 hub when they first announced yesterday. I did find it laughable that they sold out so quickly. The v2 base didn't even seem this crazy of a demand, or atleast that was supplied better? I'm wondering how many are planned on being produced for this 1st batch, a few hundred? 

At face value, it appears the only new thing to the old hub is an authentication chip and an xbox green quick release. If so, why does production seem so long when you already have most the parts? 

Which is another bore.. Why did it take so long to announce the new hub, the design was nothing new? It is nothing even exciting to look at, unlike the Porsche rim.  I know i'm not alone when I say, with such a long wait, just for the announcement, alot of us figured that meant they were going to be in the warehouse all ready to ship. 

But alas, it is another Fanatec mind ****. 
    You've been warned! ;)
    At this rate no one will ever get a wheel until the next x box and ps 5 come out. You'd think that with them being in demand and the extreme cost of them fanatec would be able to account for this and do more in terms of availabilty or at least as was the case with the wheel base issue out codes and invites for those wanting to purchase. It isn't the wheels themselves that are on delay but rather the universal hubs. Still one would also think that perhaps since fanatec has the older hubs that would simply add the necessary chip to some existing hubs and products or do a firmware update to make the older hubs compatible now that they have liscensing

I don't know about that.
    I know that the delivery date shifted 3 months ahead.
    In 24hrs.

• edited April 2015
    Hint Hint... PS4 & PS3 work as is... It Makes the Wait Sooo Much Easyer...No Need for Me to Miss out on PCars and F1 2015 at Launch!!! Racing Gt6 on PS3 Now & June it will be PS4 w/PCars & F1 that will Keep Me Happily Racing until the Next Line up of Hopefuly Stand alone Wheel Rims Come out...im just Gonna Sit Race and Save $$$ until then... Plus it Seems that Sony is Winning the Console War this time... Ive always been a Xbox Guy... My PS3 sat around for Years Collecting Dust until i got the V2...It was then that i Discovered that the Wheel Physics on GT6 were Far Better than Forza!!! jmo... ijs... Something to think about.
  • I'm seriously considering switching over to PC...
  • edited April 2015
    One of the things i Love about the Porsche Rim is the Real Life Rim Size!!! It Makes Diving GT and Muscle Cars Sooo Much Better and The F1 Rim is the Perfect Size for Dtiving F1 or Prototype Cars... You would Never think that Rim Size Plays Such a important Role in How a Car Handles but it Does... The Full Size of the Porsche Rim Lets you be Sooo Smooothe in Muscle or Gt Cars while the Smaller Size of the F1 Rim Gives F1 and Prototype Cars that Quick Sharp turn in Response that you Need to Get in and Out of Corners Fast and all the while Giving you a Sense of Total Controle and Grip So you can Really Push the Limits to the edge... With that said i find it Very Hard for Me to Go Back to a Mid size Rim that Drive all Cars.
  • Thomas - will those of us with orders in motion but not yet shipped be able to change the wheel base we ordered? Have a V2, hub+GT and pedals on back order now. Thx, Tom