Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Thomas - will those of us with orders in motion but not yet shipped be able to change the wheel base we ordered? Have a V2, hub+GT and pedals on back order now. Thx, Tom

I meant to say change the universal hub.
  • I Race on PC also... Its the Same Strugle... PC Driver updates, Game Delays, Game Patches and you Have to Beef up your PC at least every 2 yrs to keep up with things so you can Run Everything on High Settings... I Know Hard Core PC Guys are gonna Disagree with Me But i do Console and PC and thats Just the way i See it.
    There are gonna be Many PC Guys that Try and Run PCars and the PS4 and XB1 version of PCars is Gonna Look and Run Better because their PC cant Handle it...LOL... Uuuh oooh Time for the PC Upgrade!!!
  • Fanatec Should Have done the invite system again with the Hub... i say that because some people have had their wheels for Months allready and wont be able to use them because they didnt get a Hub Preorder in on time.... There will be some people With a Hub sitting around for Months but No Wheel Base to use it on...jmt
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Fanatec Should Have done the invite system again with the Hub... i say that because some people have had their wheels for Months allready and wont be able to use them because they didnt get a Hub Preorder in on time.... There will be some people With a Hub sitting around for Months but No Wheel Base to use it on...jmt
    Agreed Grimey. This is so frustrating and unbelievable that they did not plan this launch properly. For months now people have been saying they were waiting for the wheel. 
  • Fanatec Should Have done the invite system again with the Hub... i say that because some people have had their wheels for Months allready and wont be able to use them because they didnt get a Hub Preorder in on time.... There will be some people With a Hub sitting around for Months but No Wheel Base to use it on...jmt
    Agreed Grimey. This is so frustrating and unbelievable that they did not plan this launch properly. For months now people have been saying they were waiting for the wheel. 
    Yep and the fact that Thomas is silent as usual is also not surprising and Just as frustrating. Customer service at it's finest. 
  • I Race on PC also... Its the Same Strugle... PC Driver updates, Game Delays, Game Patches and you Have to Beef up your PC at least every 2 yrs to keep up with things so you can Run Everything on High Settings... I Know Hard Core PC Guys are gonna Disagree with Me But i do Console and PC and thats Just the way i See it.
    There are gonna be Many PC Guys that Try and Run PCars and the PS4 and XB1 version of PCars is Gonna Look and Run Better because their PC cant Handle it...LOL... Uuuh oooh Time for the PC Upgrade!!!
    Give me a break, Grimey. You're griping about driver updates as something that is annoying for being a PC user? You obviously don't grasp why the PC is so special. You are looking at a PC as if it was a console, and you expect it to act as such. Yet you fail to realize what makes it different from the crowd. 

Unlike console, most times you don't ever have to upgrade drivers unless there's an issue, unlike console that requires you to update every time they push something live. You're computer, it seems, might not ever see anything near it's full potential..
    project cars runs on medium settings with the minimum requirements. One guy ran it on a surface pro 2 tablet at a playable framerate on low. It seems to scale really well for old hardware. 
  • Since the GT rim is close to the bmw wheel I think I should get an F1 wheel. Any opinions?
    There are gonna be Many PC Guys that Try and Run PCars and the PS4 and XB1 version of PCars is Gonna Look and Run Better because their PC cant Handle it...LOL... Uuuh oooh Time for the PC Upgrade!!!Pc

PCars I don't have high hpes for it to be honest. FFB worse than Iracing, asseto corsa and rfactor2. Rf2 has the best feel but least polished. Iracing is the best online racing package bar none.

PCars has good graphics but does not give off a great sense of speed along with not the best force feed back. I wouldn't get too excited. This is all on PC by the way.

• On the other version of the hub it shows a smart phone but on the xbox hub says no data, it would be a shame if this does not work.
    It says "no data" on BOTH universal hubs, all it means is that the USB port is for charging only.
  • @Julian Jackson, if you don't order it by now, you will end up with nothing until December!
    You've been warned! ;)
    At this rate no one will ever get a wheel until the next x box and ps 5 come out. You'd think that with them being in demand and the extreme cost of them fanatec would be able to account for this and do more in terms of availabilty or at least as was the case with the wheel base issue out codes and invites for those wanting to purchase. It isn't the wheels themselves that are on delay but rather the universal hubs. Still one would also think that perhaps since fanatec has the older hubs that would simply add the necessary chip to some existing hubs and products or do a firmware update to make the older hubs compatible now that they have liscensing 
    You can't just add a security chip to older hubs, it doesn't work like that and it also has to have the proper button markings for XO. If you missed out it's because you didn't order right away. Everyone knows the demand for the new Fanatec gear so if you want it, you order as soon as it becomes available or it will sell out. I really didn't want to drop over $400 Canadian for a hub that I won't receive until late May, but I knew I would miss that date if I didn't.
  • I'm glad I didn't jump the gun on a new x1 hub when they first announced yesterday. I did find it laughable that they sold out so quickly. The v2 base didn't even seem this crazy of a demand, or atleast that was supplied better? I'm wondering how many are planned on being produced for this 1st batch, a few hundred? 

At face value, it appears the only new thing to the old hub is an authentication chip and an xbox green quick release. If so, why does production seem so long when you already have most the parts? 

Which is another bore.. Why did it take so long to announce the new hub, the design was nothing new? It is nothing even exciting to look at, unlike the Porsche rim.  I know i'm not alone when I say, with such a long wait, just for the announcement, alot of us figured that meant they were going to be in the warehouse all ready to ship. 

But alas, it is another Fanatec mind ****. 
    All licensed products have to go through a certification process from MS.
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited April 2015
    lol supply is so low on EVERYTHING... fanatec you really need to get your **** together...inb4 another price increase because they can and blame it on the dollar/euro again. crock of ****... prices increased because you charge up front for a preorder and you're making the money up front while delaying the product to fing august...LOL get your **** together...

we as consumers need to stop preordering from fanatec and paying these prices.  Over $1k to play forza!  I feel sorry for you guys who only play on consoles...just bend over and take it from fanatec...pick yourself up and get your ass on pc where you don't need some silly $400 hub+wheel, then $600+$300+200 for base, pedals, shiter to play on ONE console.... I'm all up for all 3 platform support but this is getting STUPID with the pricing.  I'm glad I got my V2 when it got announced and was at $450 at least...but I play on pc...but I guess i'll keep using TM UNTIL AUGUST for xbox one and forza....unless you come out with something else that is ridiculous for ONE console.  Hey that ps4 and pc don't need some silly stand alone hub! thanks fanatec and m$! 

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

• Hint Hint... PS4 & PS3 work as is... It Makes the Wait Sooo Much Easyer...No Need for Me to Miss out on PCars and F1 2015 at Launch!!! Racing Gt6 on PS3 Now & June it will be PS4 w/PCars & F1 that will Keep Me Happily Racing until the Next Line up of Hopefuly Stand alone Wheel Rims Come out...im just Gonna Sit Race and Save $$$ until then... Plus it Seems that Sony is Winning the Console War this time... Ive always been a Xbox Guy... My PS3 sat around for Years Collecting Dust until i got the V2...It was then that i Discovered that the Wheel Physics on GT6 were Far Better than Forza!!! jmo... ijs... Something to think about.
    No need for ps4, it all works on the Master Race PC while I wait for my Hub to arrive and as far as I can see XO is winning the war because it has the better titles.
    Consoles have driver updates, consoles have game delays, consoles have game patches, you don't have to beef up your PC every two years, even 3+ year old PC's are more powerful than current gen consoles. I have a PC here that is 3 years old and still runs DX11 at ultra settings. No pCars is NOT going to look better or run better on consoles, just the opposite in fact. 64 cars on the Master Race. Uh oh, no way to upgrade consoles, stuck.....
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    lol supply is so low on EVERYTHING... fanatec you really need to get your **** together...inb4 another price increase because they can and blame it on the dollar/euro again. crock of ****... prices increased because you charge up front for a preorder and you're making the money up front while delaying the product to fing august...LOL get your **** together...

we as consumers need to stop preordering from fanatec and paying these prices.  Over $1k to play forza!  I feel sorry for you guys who only play on consoles...just bend over and take it from fanatec...pick yourself up and get your ass on pc where you don't need some silly $400 hub+wheel, then $600+$300+200 for base, pedals, shiter to play on ONE console.... I'm all up for all 3 platform support but this is getting STUPID with the pricing.  I'm glad I got my V2 when it got announced and was at $450 at least...but I play on pc...but I guess i'll keep using TM UNTIL AUGUST for xbox one and forza....unless you come out with something else that is ridiculous for ONE console.  Hey that ps4 and pc don't need some silly stand alone hub! thanks fanatec and ms! 

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

Mine says Estimated shipping date: 05/28/2015

Oh, and it also works on PC so this hub is a great buy! I prefer to have the button markings of this version so I don't have to memorize which button mirrors the top ones and it comes pre-assembled so just slap the wheel on and adjust positions.

• lol supply is so low on EVERYTHING... fanatec you really need to get your **** together...inb4 another price increase because they can and blame it on the dollar/euro again. crock of ****... prices increased because you charge up front for a preorder and you're making the money up front while delaying the product to fing august...LOL get your **** together...

we as consumers need to stop preordering from fanatec and paying these prices.  Over $1k to play forza!  I feel sorry for you guys who only play on consoles...just bend over and take it from fanatec...pick yourself up and get your ass on pc where you don't need some silly $400 hub+wheel, then $600+$300+200 for base, pedals, shiter to play on ONE console.... I'm all up for all 3 platform support but this is getting STUPID with the pricing.  I'm glad I got my V2 when it got announced and was at $450 at least...but I play on pc...but I guess i'll keep using TM UNTIL AUGUST for xbox one and forza....unless you come out with something else that is ridiculous for ONE console.  Hey that ps4 and pc don't need some silly stand alone hub! thanks fanatec and ms! 

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

Oh, and it also works on PC so this hub is a great buy! I prefer to have the button markings of this version so I don't have to memorize which button mirrors the top ones and it comes pre-assembled so just slap the wheel on and adjust positions.

The may shipment sold out in a few hours and the next shipment became august. 
  • lol supply is so low on EVERYTHING... fanatec you really need to get your **** together...inb4 another price increase because they can and blame it on the dollar/euro again. crock of ****... prices increased because you charge up front for a preorder and you're making the money up front while delaying the product to fing august...LOL get your **** together...

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

I know, I'm pointing out that they're really angry with themselves for missing the window and not Fanatec. I checked here daily since the end of the month to make sure I wouldn't miss out on it. The most desirable products generally do sell out so it shouldn't come as a surprise, especially to Fanatec regulars.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Many people actually work and don't have time to sit around hitting the refresh button all day long. So because of that we have to be penalized for not sitting on the site all day long?
    edited April 2015

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

I know, I'm pointing out that they're really angry with themselves for missing the window and not Fanatec. I checked here daily since the end of the month to make sure I wouldn't miss out on it. The most desirable products generally do sell out so it shouldn't come as a surprise, especially to Fanatec regulars.
    no the point is, fanatec has NOTHING in stock....and they are taking all this money and not having to ship anything... it's not like amazon where you won't get charged until it ships...fanatec charges right away and in return you wait and get nothing until whatever it is you ordered is finally ready...and considering they can't hold on to a date for anything...you are paying money for something you really have no clue when you'll get it.

EVERYTHING is out of stock or backordered or preorder except for some rims and accessories.

they just flat out can't get enough product for the demand but charge out the wazoo for it.

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

Jason,

It's nice too that the X1 buttons are detachable caps. So you can take them off when using PC or PS4.

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

no the point is, fanatec has NOTHING in stock....and they are taking all this money and not having to ship anything... it's not like amazon where you won't get charged until it ships...fanatec charges right away and in return you wait and get nothing until whatever it is you ordered is finally ready...and considering they can't hold on to a date for anything...you are paying money for something you really have no clue when you'll get it.

EVERYTHING is out of stock or backordered or preorder except for some rims and accessories.

they just flat out can't get enough product for the demand but charge out the wazoo for it.
    I agree with this. 

I had the chance to order the x1 hub with the may shipping date, but I chose not to, because I refuse to play Fanatec's pre-order game anymore. $420(with 2nd day shipping option because screw waiting weeks through the ports) is not cheap, and I will not simply give that large sum away while Fanatec rakes in months of interest off my money.. 

Alot of us were hoping they were taking so long to announce because they would have the rims/hub ready to ship as soon as they announced... wtf were we thinking? jeez.
  • edited April 2015
    I'm very excited to get my first Fanatec wheel now that the Xbox One wheel has been revealed.  

I have a question about the V2 base.  I understand that the V2 base is currently only available by invitation only.  The availability date on the website shows 6-17-2015.  Does this mean that the V2 base will be available to the general public for purchase after June 17?  Or will it still only be restricted to invitation only?
  • A lot of us were hoping they were taking so long to announce because they would have the rims/hub ready to ship as soon as they announced... wtf were we thinking? jeez.
    I wish they were ready right away, i just bought an F1 rim so i can play Pcars when it comes out on PC, since the May 28th is two weeks after Pcars comes out and that is just when they hope he gets to their warehouse, with port delays and customs it might be another 2 or 3 weeks. So at least 2 months more. I only waited in case they had a porsche 918 X1 rim.
  • John KenneyJohn Kenney Member
    edited April 2015

Hey Thomas,

Just a heads up: on the Xbox One Drift Wheel, the compatibility is wrong. It shows "PC no, Xbox 360 yes, Xbox One no, PS3 yes, PS4 yes".

• Many people actually work and don't have time to sit around hitting the refresh button all day long. So because of that we have to be penalized for not sitting on the site all day long?
    And you think everyone that just spent a few hundred bucks on the hub don't actually work and just sit around all day? 
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

You must be new to Fanatec, it's always been this way. Nobody forces any of us to buy their products. You can compare them to amazon when amazon engineer their own products to supply a niche market. If you don't like it there are plenty of companies selling plastic toys that are in stock.
    edited April 2015

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

You must be new to Fanatec, it's always been this way. Nobody forces any of us to buy their products. You can compare them to amazon when amazon engineer their own products to supply a niche market. If you don't like it there are plenty of companies selling plastic toys that are in stock.
    hell no i'm not new i'm just sick of the "hey give us money and you'll get it on this day, whoops sorry delay...another 2 months but in meantime thanks for the money up front!"

all i'm saying is get the stock issues with all the products fixed.... all this lack of supply but taking money up front is just bs when you cannot stick to the dates....several of us have thousands invested into fanatec and they still can't get it together...then they blame price increases on the euro/dollar... haha yeah right... price increase because they can and people will pay... 

you don't see other companies raising prices and having ZERO stock but throw up a backorder/preorder and take money now without having to give the customer anything, just as long as you get it to them sometime in the future... 

after the cswv2 wait and guessing game and the css sq 1.5 back order wait, I just can't give fanatec preorder money anymore. 

at least HPP takes half up front and half at shipping but fanatec be like ALL NOW! Here is you product 6 months later

AUGUST....

FOR A HUB...

SERIOUSLY?!

hell no i'm not new i'm just sick of the "hey give us money and you'll get it on this day, whoops sorry delay...another 2 months but in meantime thanks for the money up front!"

all i'm saying is get the stock issues with all the products fixed.... all this lack of supply but taking money up front is just bs when you cannot stick to the dates....several of us have thousands invested into fanatec and they still can't get it together...then they blame price increases on the euro/dollar... haha yeah right... price increase because they can and people will pay... 

you don't see other companies raising prices and having ZERO stock but throw up a backorder/preorder and take money now without having to give the customer anything, just as long as you get it to them sometime in the future... 

after the cswv2 wait and guessing game and the css sq 1.5 back order wait, I just can't give fanatec preorder money anymore. 

at least HPP takes half up front and half at shipping but fanatec be like ALL NOW! Here is you product 6 months later
    I totally agree and to all the fanboys who just justify fanatecs bs or claim that its on us for missing the date you are insane imo. 24hrs is not a date missed when the advertisment says available in may. Again as many has posted with all the money that they get upfront over the years you'd think that the process would be streamlined. There are a lot of small companies out there that do a better job. I mean it should have at least been that if you ordered a clubsport v2 wheel base at the least you should have an opportunity to be in the initial batch of wheels that go with the base. This should be especially the case with all the delays and port issues that have gone on with the v2 base. We have a new website here but the service is the same which is not good.
    My v2 is collecting dust since December.
    My GT2 great wheel had been sold in January.
    I am left in total darkness.
    And now August?!
    Ironically, I was the first person to place a comment under this great news - but didn't have ebough money on my PP account to order the combo.

Thomas, any chance for Easter present considering post #1? :please: