Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Just my two pence as I see it.

I like the xbone hub design and its multiplatform support, its looking like the best option for xbone racing, with xbox live giving a great user experience in terms of game lobby, team chat etc.

Im not prepared to hand over hard earned cash taken for a full setup I will not receive for months. I dont want to buy the setup piecemeal as a component becomes available but not be able to use, while later revisions with improvements come out. Im also concerned about some defective product and quality issues Ive read on here.

I also think there is some work to be done on customer communications - a hint at pedal updates followed by a smiley but nothing else doesnt sit well with me. It would also help to have a proper forum with moderators to ensure decorum - its tiring to find info amongst more unpleasant posts.

I think Fanatec have a great product catalog - very exciting, great looking and functional pieces of kit. I would pay the higher prices if all product in stock. Alas I too will look to moving to PC for my racing fix.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Thomas, any chance for Easter present considering post #1? :please:
    Jedrzej,

you were indeed unlucky but i cannot give you a hub from the May batch as this is sold out. Sorry.

...i can only offer you to participate in the beta test of this product. You would get the hub right away and of course for free. In return we need your feedback if there is still something to improve.

Let me know if you are ok with that.

Happy Easter!
    Regarding delivery time; i can promise you that we do our best to achieve an earlier shipment date.

The bottle neck are the security chips which but we are trying to get more of them and earlier as scheduled.

• Thomas, any chance for Easter present considering post #1? :please:
    Jedrzej,

you were indeed unlucky but i cannot give you a hub from the May batch as this is sold out. Sorry.

...i can only offer you to participate in the beta test of this product. You would get the hub right away and of course for free. In return we need your feedback if there is still something to improve.

Happy Easter!
    Thomas, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

However, I will not be able to accept that great, great, dream offer, as half of my life I spend thousands of km away from my home thus I have no access to my toys ;)
    That being sad, my Easter is going to be very, very sad due to above - how much I would LOVE to be a beta tester!!!
    Schei..e! ;)

Happy Easter from Nigeria to you Thomas and to the whole Fanatec community!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    Happy Easter Everyone ;)
  • Thomas:
    I'm once again finding myself disappointed with Fanatec, and I don't like the feeling.

What ever happened to your promise of not announcing a product until it was in stock and ready to be delivered?  The goal posts keep moving and it's hard to have faith... 
    :(
    Jedrzej,

Happy Easter!
    So what do we have to do to become beta testers? 
  • Thomas, since my V2 base has been gathering dust since October while waiting for Xbox one rim, I would be glad to beta test the hub, but I would also need a rim.
    I have pre ordered the hub/rim bundle, but it would be good to get my base up and running before my bundle arrives, just to make sure that there are no issues.
    I am not looking for any discounts or free stuff, I just want to make sure that my base works for the arrival of my bundle and P Cars.
  • Thomas what does one have to do to become a beta tester 
  • Also Thomas are we going to get the Porsche RSR and other wheels for X Box One in the near future because if so i would actually rather wait and buy one of those wheels vs the universal hub combo. 
  • You must be new to Fanatec, it's always been this way. Nobody forces any of us to buy their products. You can compare them to amazon when amazon engineer their own products to supply a niche market. If you don't like it there are plenty of companies selling plastic toys that are in stock.

hell no i'm not new i'm just sick of the "hey give us money and you'll get it on this day, whoops sorry delay...another 2 months but in meantime thanks for the money up front!"

all i'm saying is get the stock issues with all the products fixed.... all this lack of supply but taking money up front is just bs when you cannot stick to the dates....several of us have thousands invested into fanatec and they still can't get it together...then they blame price increases on the euro/dollar... haha yeah right... price increase because they can and people will pay... 

you don't see other companies raising prices and having ZERO stock but throw up a backorder/preorder and take money now without having to give the customer anything, just as long as you get it to them sometime in the future... 

after the cswv2 wait and guessing game and the css sq 1.5 back order wait, I just can't give fanatec preorder money anymore. 

at least HPP takes half up front and half at shipping but fanatec be like ALL NOW! Here is you product 6 months later
    Nah, the price didn't go up in NA so what you say isn't true. WHO CARES ABOUT HPP? Why aren't you ordering from them? If you can't afford to pre-order up front lots of companies have plastic gear in stock and ready to go. Nobody forces you to buy this gear and it sounds to me like you're just angry because you missed the order window.
  • I have another question for those who have the wheel stand and the wheel base or have had any of the clubsoprt wheel bases. When mounting the shifters and plugging in the pedals what type of mount do you use and how do the plugs work because i have the csr setup currently on the fanatec wheelstand and the shifter is the plastic one that mounts on the two steel poles that goes through the csw. Will i have to buy the table mount for the shifter in order for it to work on my wheelstand and i notice that the plug ports for the pedals and shifter is not the same as on the csw. It looks more like the phone jack plug ins on my router. Any one that has experience with the new wheel bases please let me know what else i will need to get the setup running properly
  • I have another question for those who have the wheel stand and the wheel base or have had any of the clubsoprt wheel bases. When mounting the shifters and plugging in the pedals what type of mount do you use and how do the plugs work because i have the csr setup currently on the fanatec wheelstand and the shifter is the plastic one that mounts on the two steel poles that goes through the csw. Will i have to buy the table mount for the shifter in order for it to work on my wheelstand and i notice that the plug ports for the pedals and shifter is not the same as on the csw. It looks more like the phone jack plug ins on my router. Any one that has experience with the new wheel bases please let me know what else i will need to get the setup running properly

Any cabling needed should've been included with your pedals and shifter. The CSW bases don't use the metal rods like the CSR. So you'll need a mount of some sort. There are tons of options available. Just start looking on the Internet for something you like. Everyone has different tastes and needs.
    Before I bought my CSL Seat I had the Rennsport Wheelstand and it had a separate shifter mount with two poles, these were very solid and short poles not the type that were flexible and ran through the old style wheel bases. The wheel bases come with cables to adapt from ps2 to RJ11
  • Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited April 2015

You must be new to Fanatec, it's always been this way. Nobody forces any of us to buy their products. You can compare them to amazon when amazon engineer their own products to supply a niche market. If you don't like it there are plenty of companies selling plastic toys that are in stock.

hell no i'm not new i'm just sick of the "hey give us money and you'll get it on this day, whoops sorry delay...another 2 months but in meantime thanks for the money up front!"

all i'm saying is get the stock issues with all the products fixed.... all this lack of supply but taking money up front is just bs when you cannot stick to the dates....several of us have thousands invested into fanatec and they still can't get it together...then they blame price increases on the euro/dollar... haha yeah right... price increase because they can and people will pay... 

you don't see other companies raising prices and having ZERO stock but throw up a backorder/preorder and take money now without having to give the customer anything, just as long as you get it to them sometime in the future... 

after the cswv2 wait and guessing game and the css sq 1.5 back order wait, I just can't give fanatec preorder money anymore. 

at least HPP takes half up front and half at shipping but fanatec be like ALL NOW! Here is you product 6 months later
    Nah, the price didn't go up in NA so what you say isn't true. WHO CARES ABOUT HPP? Why aren't you ordering from them? If you can't afford to pre-order up front lots of companies have plastic gear in stock and ready to go. Nobody forces you to buy this gear and it sounds to me like you're just angry because you missed the order window.
    go have a look at the store, the prices did go up. cspv2 is $300 now not the original $250...and the cswv2 has gone up $150 since i bought mine

hpp was just an example that's all, but hpp is not plastic either. only tm is...which you know anyone can buy a t300/tx right now with no problems.  I have a tx as well but i don't use because of the csw...which i want to use on xbox but not now  until august or may... i feel sorry for console only people, especially xbox people if you want to play pcars with a wheel and fanatec...nope...controller or TX for you if you didn't get the hub order in for may....

at least i can play with my cswv2 on pc and ps4 with no problems...only problem is ps4 has no racing games worth a poop and buying pcars on pc...just have to stick with tx for forza unless fanatec comes out with an actual xbox rim.
    Jedrzej,

Happy Easter!
    So what do we have to do to become beta testers? 
    Also would like to help test if there are spots still available.

cheers
  • Regarding delivery time; i can promise you that we do our best to achieve an earlier shipment date.

The bottle neck are the security chips which but we are trying to get more of them and earlier as scheduled.

I hope this works out, would really like to get an X1 rim before Forza 6 release  ;)
  • I wouldn't say no to a bit of beta testing :D
    As Jedrzej (best regards to Nigeria) cannot participate in the beta test, I will give the unit to Natalie who respondet fastest and is certainly qualified. And hey, she is our first female tester.

If we need more testers, i will let you know.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

You must be new to Fanatec, it's always been this way. Nobody forces any of us to buy their products. You can compare them to amazon when amazon engineer their own products to supply a niche market. If you don't like it there are plenty of companies selling plastic toys that are in stock.

go have a look at the store, the prices did go up. cspv2 is $300 now not the original $250...and the cswv2 has gone up $150 since i bought mine

hpp was just an example that's all, but hpp is not plastic either. only tm is...which you know anyone can buy a t300/tx right now with no problems.  I have a tx as well but i don't use because of the csw...which i want to use on xbox but not now  until august or may... i feel sorry for console only people, especially xbox people if you want to play pcars with a wheel and fanatec...nope...controller or TX for you if you didn't get the hub order in for may....

at least i can play with my cswv2 on pc and ps4 with no problems...only problem is ps4 has no racing games worth a poop and buying pcars on pc...just have to stick with tx for forza unless fanatec comes out with an actual xbox rim.

Thomas clearly stated he made improvements to the CSP V2 and that is why the price went up. The CSW V2 was $499 by invite and then went up in $25 increments and this was because you get a pre-order discount and was all known in advance. It has only gone up $50 , not sure how you do your math.

Again, you're really proving my point that you're just jaded because you missed the order window, I don't have to wait until August and I'll have pCars on PC where it's meant to be anyways. I can play Forza 5 and Horizon 2 though come end of May.

How do you plan to use HPP pedals on console? With the additional expense of an adapter? You need to compare apples to apples or it makes no sense.

That's why I have no interest in ps4, it has no games that interest me.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    Test
    As Jedrzej (best regards to Nigeria) cannot participate in the beta test, I will give the unit to Natalie who respondet fastest and is certainly qualified. And hey, she is our first female tester.

If we need more testers, i will let you know.

Hi Thomas,

If you let me know if you have a preferred feedback method/channel, I'll be sure to follow the correct procedures to ensure the most effective, constructive and object route is taken.

If you require only basic email information/feedback only, I'll do a full report, write up, and provide video examples that confirm every (any) issue found (To validate and demonstrate the issue at hand).

I obviously won't post my thoughts and/or opinions regarding the product in its current state anywhere as I will treat this "beta" exactly (with the same business principles) as I would a CapGem project.

If you need anything from my end, don't hesitate to let me know.
    edited April 2015

Thomas clearly stated he made improvements to the CSP V2 and that is why the price went up. The CSW V2 was $499 by invite and then went up in $50 increments and this was because you get a pre-order discount and was all known in advance. It has only gone up $50 , not sure how you do your math.

Again, you're really proving my point that you're just jaded because you missed the order window, I don't have to wait until August and I'll have pCars on PC where it's meant to be anyways. I can play Forza 5 and Horizon 2 though come end of May.

How do you plan to use HPP pedals on console? With the additional expense of an adapter? You need to compare apples to apples or it makes no sense.

blah blah blah blah blah... i can **** in a bag and call it guaranteed too...  you really thing fixing a leaky shock in the cspv2 warrants extra $50? if it was an actual true v3 revision then sure ok $300 makes sense...but it will be a glorified v2 with a fix...bs fanatec charges what they charge because they can.  they raise prices because they can.

i didn't miss the order window. I had it in my cart the whole day yesterday and if you read what i wrote and stop assuming crap you would know i changed my mind because i'm **** tired of giving fanatec money when they can't meet dates, take it all up front, while i wait and wait... cspv2 and css 1.5 was enough of that no more.  they need to get their stock issues fixed on all their products.

also for the 2nd time i said hpp was an example... if i was buying pedals, which i need to the cspv2's constantly has issues.  i'd get mppc because they work with all consoles and wheels...oh and don't need some silly hub to work...just a cable for whichever wheel you connect it too...but if that wheel happens to be fanatec well your fucked on xbox one because it needs a $300+100 permission slip to work
  • Thomas, if you need anymore beta testers then please put my name down if any come available. I have the v2 base and pedals and just ordered the xbox one hub, I have 20 years experience in radio control racing with national championships wins and now decided to move on to sim racing so this is my first time using a Fanatec wheel which I'm really looking forward to.

• Thomas clearly stated he made improvements to the CSP V2 and that is why the price went up. The CSW V2 was $499 by invite and then went up in $50 increments and this was because you get a pre-order discount and was all known in advance. It has only gone up $50 , not sure how you do your math.

blah blah blah blah blah... i can **** in a bag and call it guaranteed too...  you really thing fixing a leaky shock in the cspv2 warrants extra $50? if it was an actual true v3 revision then sure ok $300 makes sense...but it will be a glorified v2 with a fix...bs fanatec charges what they charge because they can.  they raise prices because they can.

i didn't miss the order window. I had it in my cart the whole day yesterday and if you read what i wrote and stop assuming crap you would know i changed my mind because i'm **** tired of giving fanatec money when they can't meet dates, take it all up front, while i wait and wait... cspv2 and css 1.5 was enough of that no more.  they need to get their stock issues fixed on all their products.

also for the 2nd time i said hpp was an example... if i was buying pedals, which i need to the cspv2's constantly has issues.  i'd get mppc because they work with all consoles and wheels...oh and don't need some silly hub to work...just a cable for whichever wheel you connect it too...but if that wheel happens to be fanatec well your fucked on xbox one because it needs a $300+100 permission slip to work

You're the only one claiming the $50 is to fix a leaky shock. You make no sense at all, you claim to have it in your cart then remove it from cart because you didn't want to wait and now you're complaining because you did that you have to wait until August now?

If you can't afford to play on XO that's your own problem, maybe ask your parents for that "permission slip" you claim to need.

They don't need to change their stock issues, you need to switch over to a plastic toy supplier, they should have it all in stock and ready to go upon order. Most of us realise that Fanatec are a small company that cater to a niche market and deliver us products based on our feedback. They are funded by enthusiasts so like it or leave it.

Before I bought my CSL Seat I had the Rennsport Wheelstand and it had a separate shifter mount with two poles, these were very solid and short poles not the type that were flexible and ran through the old style wheel bases. The wheel bases come with cables to adapt from ps2 to RJ11
    Im wanting to mount the shifter on my current fanatec wheelstand is there any way to do this? would i have to buy a table clamp or does fanatec make one that i can use on the current wheelstand with the wheel base version 2?

Im wanting to mount the shifter on my current fanatec wheelstand is there any way to do this? would i have to buy a table clamp or does fanatec make one that i can use on the current wheelstand with the wheel base version 2?

I think it weighs too much, I ended up buying a sim-seats sr-x chassis instead of using the wheelstand. 
  • edited April 2015
    Thomas you are a Great Guy!!! Thanks For the Great Products you Make... I think that it is Sooo Cool that you Read and Post in the Fanatec Forum and From Reading a Post you Gave a Member a Chance to Beta Test!!!

Congrats to Natalie Bissell For being Selected as a Beta Tester!!!

• Thomas clearly stated he made improvements to the CSP V2 and that is why the price went up. The CSW V2 was $499 by invite and then went up in $50 increments and this was because you get a pre-order discount and was all known in advance. It has only gone up $50 , not sure how you do your math.

You're the only one claiming the $50 is to fix a leaky shock. You make no sense at all, you claim to have it in your cart then remove it from cart because you didn't want to wait and now you're complaining because you did that you have to wait until August now?

If you can't afford to play on XO that's your own problem, maybe ask your parents for that "permission slip" you claim to need.

They don't need to change their stock issues, you need to switch over to a plastic toy supplier, they should have it all in stock and ready to go upon order. Most of us realise that Fanatec are a small company that cater to a niche market and deliver us products based on our feedback. They are funded by enthusiasts so like it or leave it.

I had a leaky shock on the v2 pedals for a while until I went to a local hobby shop and bought a silicon with a much higher viscosity( I think I went with 10k viscosity, can't remember or find the bottle atm sorry).

I haven't had a drop since, honest  :D
    edited April 2015

Thomas clearly stated he made improvements to the CSP V2 and that is why the price went up. The CSW V2 was $499 by invite and then went up in $50 increments and this was because you get a pre-order discount and was all known in advance. It has only gone up $50 , not sure how you do your math.

you done deep throating fanatec yet?

you read too much into things. i'm not complaining for myself about august. i never said that... i simply said it's bs fanatec can't get it together with keep stuff in stock or having enough stock....instead they just take money and you'll get it when you get it...

does it not irritate you that it costs additional $400 to play your cswv2 on xbox one, when it cost additional $0 to play it on pc/ps4 given if you already have a csw and a rim? that doesn't seem excessive?  especially when most expensive rim, the porsche rim can be played on pc and ps4....but noooooo of course xbox needs it's own **** and there is licensing fees.. and it's "new force feedback"... $400 for hub and rim MORE than covers any licensing fee per unit.  it's just excessive.... for one game and one console when pc and ps4 don't need it. 

the xbox needs multiple $150-$250 rims (since pc and ps4 can use EVERY rim available).... but of course they are sitting on it...gotta sell most expensive stuff first.