Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• If anyone wants an x1 hub and didnt pre-order yet, i wouldn't worry. There are probably plenty of poachers that will have them up on ebay in no time after the 1st batch ships.
    I'll sell mine for $600 USD + Shipping
  • Jason Shafer Yes you See it!!! I couldnt figure out why he was Sooo Mad and Post Bashing... As He got Madder and Madder the Truth Slipped out!!! They wont Give him a Freebie so He gonna Bash the Post!!!

There are a Few People that Post Bash in Here Do Nothing but Complain about this and that For what ever the reason... We all Know what were Dealing with when we order... We Know we getting a Great product but it involves a wait time... So to that i Say Hurry up and Wait... or Make the Choice... To Buy or Not to Buy.

I Cancelled my order on my V2 pedals it didnt even Take 24hrs before Fanatec Credited My Acct with a Refund!!!
    it was Quick easy and Painless... BTW yes im Mad at Myself for cancelling my order but i didnt wanna wait 2 months so i just fixed my V1 pedals but Now i gotta pay the Extra $50.00 If i want v2's.... Mad at my Self for Cancelling.

• I just ordered the Hall Sensors and PCB for my pedals I have had a couple of load cells as well on hand just in case as I own v1's and v2's and want to have the ability to do an on spot repair or a rebuild if I ever wanted to sell my v1's and ensure the buyer the electronics are fresh.

This is all great that you are offering these parts but what about parts for the CSW v1? The optical sensor, PCB, belts, fans, and most of all replacement motors? I would like to keep my base going for as long as possible as I have no intent on repurchasing another v2. My main worry long term are the motors in the v1 which I am sure I can get elsewhere but makes sense to get them from you,

Or else I will try the Buhler motor mod

• Most of us wanted a Universal Hub for the XO and no, you can't just add a security chip, it has to have proper button markings and come pre-assembled to get MS certification.
    I figured. I guess we'll see what other options Fanatec come up with.  Seems the biggest hurdle at the moment is how to get enough of those security chips anyway.
  • I'm sure Fanatec will have plenty of options for ALL customers. Security chips being the issue is I'm sure why they launched only one product. If they could've launced 2 products that would cover most customers I'm sure they'd have done it.
  • I'm sure Fanatec will have plenty of options for ALL customers. Security chips being the issue is I'm sure why they launched only one product. If they could've launced 2 products that would cover most customers I'm sure they'd have done it.
    and sold so few before they sold out. 
    Definitely.  I guess I could have waited to see what the announcement was going to be prior to buying the original Hub but hindsight is always pretty clear and I don't feel like I'm missing a whole lot not being able to use a wheel for XO for now.

As much as I would have loved the PC/PSX/XO ability with the hub, I have to say I do prefer the non-branded Hub.  Xbox devices always overdo it.
    Definitely.  I guess I could have waited to see what the announcement was going to be prior to buying the original Hub but hindsight is always pretty clear and I don't feel like I'm missing a whole lot not being able to use a wheel for XO for now.

As much as I would have loved the PC/PSX/XO ability with the hub, I have to say I do prefer the non-branded Hub.  Xbox devices always overdo it.
    I waited on buying any rims until the announcement, now i wish i didn't waste 5 months and just bought rims right away so i could have used it. 
  • If anyone wants an x1 hub and didnt pre-order yet, i wouldn't worry. There are probably plenty of poachers that will have them up on ebay in no time after the 1st batch ships.
    Free shipping and you have had me  =((
  • Hello Fanatec, does the XBox One wheel work wireless? Do I need a pc to update the firmware, or does a Mac work or better via USB stick.? At the website is no discription

I ordered the wheel with the GT wheel and got an shipping date of 28th of May which is fine for me since Project CARS will have an similar release date.

Wheel base V2 is waiting since day one unused :( Eigth weeks additional waiting should be possible :)
  • I waited on buying any rims until the announcement, now i wish i didn't waste 5 months and just bought rims right away so i could have used it. 
    There's that, for sure.  Since I already have the hub the whole XO hub is a non-issue for me.  It has surprised me,  the hub/GT combo is my go to rim right now.  Maybe it's because I usually drive GT/sports cars but I do have the BMW rim too.  It's just an awesome set up and I'm looking forward to adding the round and the classic later on.  Perhaps I'll order it when I decide to upgrade my pedal set to the updated Clubsports. 

It's just $$, right?
  • Jason Shafer Yes you See it!!! I couldnt figure out why he was Sooo Mad and Post Bashing... As He got Madder and Madder the Truth Slipped out!!! They wont Give him a Freebie so He gonna Bash the Post!!!

There are a Few People that Post Bash in Here Do Nothing but Complain about this and that For what ever the reason... We all Know what were Dealing with when we order... We Know we getting a Great product but it involves a wait time... So to that i Say Hurry up and Wait... or Make the Choice... To Buy or Not to Buy.

I Cancelled my order on my V2 pedals it didnt even Take 24hrs before Fanatec Credited My Acct with a Refund!!!
    it was Quick easy and Painless... BTW yes im Mad at Myself for cancelling my order but i didnt wanna wait 2 months so i just fixed my V1 pedals but Now i gotta pay the Extra $50.00 If i want v2's.... Mad at my Self for Cancelling.

You got that right, Grimey. There has been no changes to the way
    upcoming new Fanatec products are sold, pay up front with your pre-order
    and wait.....and wait...We all know that going in, but for some reason
    some of the guys that didn't get one before it sold out suddenly have to
    bash the system relentlessly. Instead, they should just pre-order for
    August or make good on their threat to switch to a competitors plastic
    product.

The only other way a small company like Fanatec can fill our fix would be to secure bank loans to fund production and the cost of interest and fees associated with them would be added to the price of the product. So maybe we are sort of funding production, so what? It's for products geared for our niche interest and obviously it's not a problem for most of us as this has been going on since the Porsche 911 wheel.

Free shipping and you have had me  =((

Mine came to $299 + $28 shipping + exchange to Canadian = $424 my cost + GST when it arrives. Almost everything I order I never pay duty, but get nailed GST + Canada Post brokerage fee every time if I order from Fanatec. So now that I think about it $600 is too low a price!

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hey all,

At some point this evening I'm going to "checkout" the default BMW #92 / Aston #007 cars in Forza 5 and run laps at Silverstone (on a pad) as I'm curious to see just how much a lap time can be improved upon (or not) and by how much, when the XO Hub arrives.

I'm also really interested in running the same combination of cars/tracks on as many other titles as possible. While the results won't be directly related to the "HUB" specifically, i think it may be a very interesting comparison, as the only variable in the test will be the actual game, and that'll be a first (for me) to be able to compare all titles, on all platforms using the exact same wheel hardware.

I have also began creating a list of tests, questions etc that I would like answered about the hub. I'll perform these tests etc as soon as it arrives. In the mean time, if anyone has anything they would like specifically tested, pop it in the thread.

Additionally, It seems that underneath all the disagreements, everyone is actually pushing in the same direction at times. Everyone appears to be fighting for the same end result, just in a different way. I'd be interested in a discussion on how we as a community can improve it for ourselves, and as a possible side effect of that, how we could improve it for Fanatec too :)

If you have a lap time at any track, using a stock version of the cars listed above (Forza 5, no aids, but damage can be set to cosmetic only) post your time and if you used a pad/wheel.

Also, there's a great example of "the emotional state of change" that describes this thread almost perfectly ;)
  • If I pre-order an XBox-One rim, would I get an invite code for a CSW v2 hub?  I bought a GT2 wheel, pedals, etc. nearly 5 years ago but still haven't received an invite code :(  Don't want to order a rim if I can't order a hub too........  As it is it looks like I'd get the hub before the rim even if I could order both.  End of August ... damn!
  • The first time I forget to check the site the wheel goes on sale and now its 31st August 2015 despatch time. Guess i'll be sticking with the PC and get this in time for the next Forza.
  • This does seem very odd; I could sort of justify buying some sort of 'hub' or an adaptor for say £300 and then use the equipment (wheels, pedals, V2 base) I already own. But to have to buy another Rim as well is the hub a bit much, especially considering the only rims are bland at best and just as expensive as the good ones - and they have not buttons!!! It is also worth noting that one of the lines of text in the very first description clearly states - "but you can also
    purchase the Universal Hub for Xbox One without a wheel rim and use any wheel
    rim you want or already own." - but clearly I can't as I already own a BMW and Formula rim...oh dear, Maybe over time they will come down and a cheaper rim will come out, and availability will be better so I won't have to spend £500 upfront and wait 8+ weeks as well. All in all this feels pretty negative considering the wait; is it too much to ask to have an item in production and then go on sale when there is stock to sell rather than take money off people to fund the production?
  • edited April 2015

For anyone who fancies hot lapping:

BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

The best I was able to manage under those circumstances with only 7 laps on the track (as I had to get to work) was 2:29 (Clean)

Now, I'm curious to see how much I can improve over the coming days by using the pad (although I'm not a fan of the pad as I find it a tad disjointed) and if i can then improve further (and by how much) using a rim.

Anyone up for posting their time to assist me? :)
  • This does seem very odd; I could sort of justify buying some sort of 'hub' or an adaptor for say £300 and then use the equipment (wheels, pedals, V2 base) I already own. But to have to buy another Rim as well is the hub a bit much, especially considering the only rims are bland at best and just as expensive as the good ones - and they have not buttons!!! It is also worth noting that one of the lines of text in the very first description clearly states - "but you can also
    purchase the Universal Hub for Xbox One without a wheel rim and use any wheel
    rim you want or already own." - but clearly I can't as I already own a BMW and Formula rim...oh dear, Maybe over time they will come down and a cheaper rim will come out, and availability will be better so I won't have to spend £500 upfront and wait 8+ weeks as well. All in all this feels pretty negative considering the wait; is it too much to ask to have an item in production and then go on sale when there is stock to sell rather than take money off people to fund the production?

What they mean by any wheel rim you already own or want to purchase is a MOMO or SPARO etc.. Actual car rims. Not Fanatec wheels.
  • For anyone who fancies hot lapping:

BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

The best I was able to manage under those circumstances with only 7 laps on the track (as I had to get to work) was 2:29 (Clean)

Now, I'm curious to see how much I can improve over the coming days by using the pad (although I'm not a fan of the pad as I find it a tad disjointed) and if i can then improve further (and by how much) using a rim.

I will try it and let you know. 
    edited April 2015
    For anyone who fancies hot lapping:

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Thanks Joshua :)

I'm sure I can shave a little more off the top with a few more laps on the pad ;)
    I'm going to use this as a baseline to see just how much more accurate a wheel can be vs the pad, so thanks for that.

Anyone else going to get a lap in, so we can see if using a wheel can get me closer to your times, than using the pad :)

@Chris what about you :p
  • For anyone who fancies hot lapping:

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Thanks Joshua :)

I'm sure I can shave a little more off the top with a few more laps on the pad ;)
    I'm going to use this as a baseline to see just how much more accurate a wheel can be vs the pad, so thanks for that.

Anyone else going to get a lap in, so we can see if using a wheel can get me closer to your times, than using the pad :)

@Chris what about you :p
    I am not going to use clutch, it is too hard on the controller. Run this through the weekend and then post a new thing to try. 
    edited April 2015
    Hey Josha,

Yea I used "manual" for shifting.

I didn't (couldn't) use "manual with clutch" a it's just too hard using a clutch on a controller (at least for me) it just feels so unnatural.

I made a few mistakes on my lap, back end kept coming out and the last corner was poor. That #92 (stock with no aids) is a skittish little beast. I'm sure I can squeeze a little more from it though.

I'm hoping we can get a few lap times up on the board and have a bit of fun with it as it's been very stressful in here lately and I think we could all do with a laugh at my driving ;)

But if Im faster than any of you - in my HEELS - well - that's embarrassing :P
  • Hey Josha,

Yea I used "manual" for shifting.

I didn't (couldn't) use "manual with clutch" a it's just too hard using a clutch on a controller (at least for me) it just feels so unnatural.

I made a few mistakes on my lap, back end kept coming out and the last corner was poor. That #92 (stock with no aids) is a skittish little beast. I'm sure I can squeeze a little more from it though.

I'm hoping we can get a few lap times up on the board and have a bit of fun with it as it's been very stressful in here lately and I think we could all do with a laugh at my driving ;)

But if Im faster than any of you - in my HEELS - well - that's embarrassing :P
    My assumption is everybody on here is fairly quick, only a few people that I know are slow and own wheels. How does wearing heels affect your time with a controller?
  • XBox tag "GrimeyDog"
    PS Tag "Grimey_Dog"

Feel Free to Send me.a Friend Request and we Can Race, Hot Lap, Compaire Times.

edited April 2015
    @Josha - :) It was my rubbish attempt at humour. I meant when Thomas sends the XBO HUB over for beta testing, I will do a few laps with the hub/pedals etc (in my heels) "just for fun" to see how that compares to my/our pad times for comparison :D I was just being silly :)

Lessons Learned:
    I'm not as funny as I think I am :D

@Grimey:
    Thanks, I'll add you tonight :)
  • @Josha - :) It was my rubbish attempt at humour. I meant when Thomas sends the XBO HUB over for beta testing, I will do a few laps with the hub/pedals etc (in my heels) "just for fun" to see how that compares to my/our pad times for comparison :D I was just being silly :)

Lessons Learned:
    I'm not as funny as I think I am :D

@Grimey:
    Thanks, I'll add you tonight :)
    yeah i thought you were joking.
  • Natalie and Josha, driving with a pad is, to me, more difficult than a wheel....but I'm driving WITH clutch since FM3...it's really easy to accomplish this. Set the buttons so that the 'A' button is the clutch. And 'X' down shift and 'B' shift up.
    Your thumb is all ways near button A, so when you shift push A and B or A and X...
    Also makes up A LITTLE time!
  • Why more than the regular Uni Hub? Wireless? Licensing? What? I have thought deeply over the release of this product and have come to the conclusion that I will not be using my CSW with an Xbox 1 which has sent me in this direction and saves me 6 dollars to boot

TX 458 Italia wheel

I was all hyped up for a XBO wheel, really excited and looking forward, checking the site daily.
    Now... I'll stick with PC/PS4 as £400 (which is $590 at today's exchange rate) is unbelievable just to play Forza as ALL other games will be cross platform (PCars/F1/Dirt/etc)

I would have bought a Porsche rim with Xbo compatibility though (or similar) but this hub is not a genuine quick release (for the rim) is far too expensive for 1 game, is likely to become redundant (like the universal hub just did) when the "complete" rims hit later this year.

PCars will tide me over until then, along with F1 2015 and Dirt 4 :)

Are you a WMD member ATM?