New products now available: Universal Hub, Handbrake and Formula Carbon

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
The following products are now online and ready for immediate shipment:
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub
  • ClubSport Handbrake
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Carbon

The other new rims will be available very soon as well.

In the product description of the Universal Hub you will find a table with weight information so you can already predict the weight of the steering wheel you want to build.

Comments

• Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited June 2014
    Yahoo I got mine. Wonder how long Stock will last My intent was to buy 2 hubs and 1 rim(I have a rim to add already) so since there are no rims yet I will wait on the 2nd hub so others have a chance to get in on first batch. However let you be warned if the rims come available and hubs are still in stock that combo will be my next purchase.
  • I'd love to order a Club Sport package - wheel/univ hub/rim/pedals/shifter... and have money set aside to do so... the hardware looks terrific...  especially the CS V2 pedals and U-hub/Flat 1 rim!!  But I just can't drop that much cash without the PS4 compatibility question being resolved... as you expressly show only PS3 compatibility now.  My purchase needs to be forward compatible since PS3 is a lame duck with the PS4 already in the market place with new driving games launching soon...  if I have to buy a competitors wheel to play them (which is not my 1st choice)... I will... but then I will be forced to skip Fanatec altogether.

A little information (if available) would go a long way in helping customers make the best decision possible... something less nebulous than "we will address it in the future"...

I want to buy your new products (and own a porsche wheel currently)... please help me do so.

• Ordered mine!!!
  • Endlich neue Hardware ...freu mich wie ein Keks. 
  • edited June 2014
    Ignore my old post.
  • How does one release the handbrake, Do you have to manually push it back down or is there a release lever?
  •  little information (if available) would go a long way in helping customers make the best decision possible... something less nebulous than "we will address it in the future"...

I want to buy your new products (and own a porsche wheel currently)... please help me do so.  

The information is the same as it's been.  It's up to each developer on the PS4 to ensure wheel compatibility with their games. There are currently zero driving games on the PS4.
  • Really want the handbrake but wished it was compatible with the ps3. Will order this with the shifter went there both available
  • Luke ZemanLuke Zeman Member
    edited June 2014
    How much does the CSW Formula Carbon rim weigh compared to the CSW standard formula rim? I would like to buy the carbon rim but this is an important question. It wouldn't do to have a fancy looking rim that has worse performance than the plain looking rim :)

According to the specs on Fanatec's site the carbon rim seems to weigh more:
    Formula Rim Weight: 1.21kg
    Carbon Rim Weight: 2.00kg

Unless the quoted weights refer to the package weight, it seems as if the carbon rim is significantly heavier, and thus rather useless.
  • Hi,

Is there a mistake in the description of a new formula rim?

Or is actually heavier than the old one?

Best regards

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    The weight should be the same. There must be an error.
  • Thank you Thomas for confirming the weight.
    BTW do you have any plans to improve the CSW base? The motors you are currently using in it, Mabuchi RS555PH, are known to have a short lifespan when put under the loads the CSW produces. They are apparently quite cheap, $3 per motor, so hopefully you switch to better, more reliable motors with ball bearings and brushless soon. To be honest I have held off buying the CSW kit primarily because of reliability concerns, and don't want to expensive and difficult aftermarket modifications to the motors to ensure better performance. The CSW has been out for 2 years now, so with normal product cycles in the gaming industry not that long hopefully you have a CSW V2 in the works and released soon.
    BTW do you have any plans to improve the CSW base? The motors you are currently using in it, Mabuchi RS555PH, are known to have a short lifespan when put under the loads the CSW produces. They are apparently quite cheap, $3 per motor, so hopefully you switch to better, more reliable motors with ball bearings and brushless soon. To be honest I have held off buying the CSW kit primarily because of reliability concerns, and don't want to expensive and difficult aftermarket modifications to the motors to ensure better performance. The CSW has been out for 2 years now, so with normal product cycles in the gaming industry not that long hopefully you have a CSW V2 in the works and released soon.
    My CSW has been runing for <1500h - feels like new!!!

• The information is the same as it's been.  It's up to each developer on the PS4 to ensure wheel compatibility with their games. There are currently zero driving games on the PS4.

That's a cop out... ask the Elite buyers how they feel about compatibility assumptions outside of what was expressly specified... If Fanatec wants to sell premium priced equipment they should expect more in depth questions regarding future proofing... This isn't pocket change. As to the games... I said "launching soon" not "available"... At least pay attention if your gonna be flippant.
  • edited June 2014
    I created a weight calculator for the new Fanatec Universal Hub. Some of us find that weight is an important thing as the BMW rim was a bit to heavy causing a less pronounced fore feedback.

Hope it helps you decide on what way to go with the available options. Its a Excel file.

Edit: take into consideration that the diameter of the rim also has an impact on the weight of the FFB. The bigger the diameter the lighter the FFB will feel.
    BTW do you have any plans to improve the CSW base? The motors you are currently using in it,

Thank you Thomas for confirming the weight.
    My CSW has been runing for <1500h - feels like new!!!
    I brought 2 clubsport base one when they first came out,and another four months ago.The new one the force feedback is stronger and it never gets hot,although the first one never did break but it gets warm and is not a strong. So I believe they made the right changes in putting it together it's solid now.
  • Great work, Thomas, I'm very happy for handbrake release!!!
    I have a Clubsport pedal V1 which has a handbrake PCB connector.
    Will the handbrake also work with my Clubsport V1 pedals?
    Thank you in advance,
    bmwzetatre
  • The weight should be the same. There must be an error.

So Thomas pretty soon you add a thread for posting pictures of custom or modded rims the users have added to the hub?
  • Thanks Thomas for making the Universal Hub ready for sale :)
  • Ordered my hub.

But where are the wheels??? lol xD
  • schön das es jetzt losgeht.
    geht die handbremse auch mit der clubsport v1 pedale ?
    und was ist mit ps4 und xbox one ( wenigstens ps4 )
    würde ja gerne bestellen , traue mich aber noch nicht.
    spiele halt auf pc und konsole.
    wenn es sicher ist, bin ich der erst der auf kauf bestetigen drückt.
    :)

• The information is the same as it's been.  It's up to each developer on the PS4 to ensure wheel compatibility with their games. There are currently zero driving games on the PS4.
    That's a cop out... ask the Elite buyers how they feel about compatibility assumptions outside of what was expressly specified... If Fanatec wants to sell premium priced equipment they should expect more in depth questions regarding future proofing... This isn't pocket change. As to the games... I said "launching soon" not "available"... At least pay attention if your gonna be flippant.

I own an Elite.  I never expected it to work with future Microsoft products because that's how they do things.  I'll probably never own a PS4 but I'd venture to guess my Elite will work just fine with it because that's how Sony tends to do things. Until Fanatec signs an official licensing agreement with Sony they'd be fools to talk about it.  That's just how business works.
  • schön das es jetzt losgeht.
    geht die handbremse auch mit der clubsport v1 pedale ?
    und was ist mit ps4 und xbox one ( wenigstens ps4 )
    würde ja gerne bestellen , traue mich aber noch nicht.
    spiele halt auf pc und konsole.
    wenn es sicher ist, bin ich der erst der auf kauf bestetigen drückt.
    :)
    Geht mir genauso. Schöne neue Klamotten, aber keine Angaben zur PS4! Solange das nicht geklärt ist, kauf ich gar nichts mehr. Denn ich weiß immer noch nicht, ob ich eine PS4 oder einen PC kaufen muss um neue Rennspiele zu zocken. Ich habe vor ein paar Tagen ein Statement von einem Programmierer aus dem Hause Codemasters gelesen, in dem stand, dass auch Codemasters so viele Lenkräder wie möglich auf der PS4 unterstützen will und auf Treiber von den Herstellern wartet. Also irgendwie ist das alles widersprüchlich: der eine sagt wir brauchen Treiber, der andere sagt es liegt am Spieleentwickler und Sony lacht sich halb tot. Also ich bin jedenfalls weiterhin gespannt, was im Herbst passiert...  :-w
  • Does anyone know a nice custom prototype or F1 wheel, which could be bolted onto the Hub. I know Sam Maxwell is doing things like that, but he hasn't a lot of pricing information on his website.
  • Hello there all
    I have few questions:

1) How can I mount the Handbrake to the table? Do the shfiter's mounting accessories work on the Handbrake?

2) How can I mount my mobile phone to the Universal hub? Is the mounting tool included with the hub or should I buy it later when it's abailable

3) Does the Universal hub supports the other rims in the market like MOMO racing wheel?

Best regardsa :)

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    1) You need the ClubSport Shifter Table Clamp and drill holes to it

2)The mobile phone holder is not included. It is still in development.

3) Yes. As described in the product description
  •  
    Yahoo I got mine. Wonder how long Stock will last My intent was to buy 2 hubs and 1 rim(I have a rim to add already) so since there are no rims yet I will wait on the 2nd hub so others have a chance to get in on first batch. However let you be warned if the rims come available and hubs are still in stock that combo will be my next purchase.

I lied I already have ordered Hub #2 Sorry. I know how things sell out at a quick pace around here~!
  • Ich hätte gern eine Handbremse bestellt. Da die aber mit der PS3 nicht kompatibel ist, bin ich derzeit raus :(

• Ich hätte gern ein PS3 gekauft. Da die aber mit die Handbremse nicht kompatibel ist  :)>-