Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited April 2016 in Blog
The Universal hub for Xbox One, which will turn your ClubSport Wheel Base V2 into an Xbox One compatible device, is now starting to ship and it will arrive in the hands of the lucky customers very soon.

Please post your experience with this device here and show us pictures and videos of your set up.

You are also welcome to post recommended settings for games.

Enjoy!:)

UPDATE
Please note that the maximum amount of buttons to be used on Xbox One is currently limited by the console but there are plans for a new extended protocol which allows more functionality.
We also have an button mapping issue on PC but this will be fixed in a future fw release.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Hi Thomas, meine Bestellung wurde leider gestern noch nicht losgeschickt. Weißt du ob in Hamburg heute welche losgeschickt werden? Ich denke dort ist ja heute kein Feiertag
  • Mine should be arriving today :D

One question tho, I did the firmware upgrade to my V2 Wheelbase yesterday (all went smooth) but it was brought to my attention by a fellow customer that I would need to do the firmware update with all items attached to the V2 Wheelbase....is that correct??
  • Glad I went with 2day shipping! Can't wait. Thanks for a great way to finally enjoy our Xbox Ones! I said NO Fanatec No Forza at the launch of X1 and I stuck to it. The wait is worth it.
  • edited June 2015

As a first...I'm proud to announce that I'VE GOT IT RIGHT HERE. Whooohoooooooo :O) :O) :)) :))

Thank you Fanatec team and Thomas !!!!

Amm I need is a rim now LOL 

image]

• Thomas...can you please also reveal now what the improvements are on the CSP V2...it's way past the 28th of May. I wanna now what I've pre ordered for July!!!
  • Mine should be arriving today :D

One question tho, I did the firmware upgrade to my V2 Wheelbase yesterday (all went smooth) but it was brought to my attention by a fellow customer that I would need to do the firmware update with all items attached to the V2 Wheelbase....is that correct??

The PDF from the Universal-HUB says the following.... (look what is underlined in red)

• Thomas...can you please also reveal now what the improvements are on the CSP V2...it's way past the 28th of May. I wanna now what I've pre ordered for July!!!
    I second this request.
  • Thanks Oliver, not sure this can't be interpreted both ways tho?
  • Antoine, is this not referring to installing drivers for the PC? (I currently use my XBOX One for gaming, not my PC) I would find it very strange if it would install a different version of the firmware based on attached devices to the Wheelbase?
  • Thanks Oliver, not sure this can't be interpreted both ways tho?
    Yes, thats right. ;)

I will update my V2-Base this afternoon and tomorrow when the Universal-HUB arrives, i want do an update again. Double update quality. ;)

And after this i connect it to my Xbox One.
  • Antoine, is this not referring to installing drivers for the PC? (I currently use my XBOX One for gaming, not my PC) I would find it very strange if it would install a different version of the firmware based on attached devices to the Wheelbase?
    You can do an update only on PC with the use of the Fanatec Driver v219. You can NOT update your equipment over the Xbox One.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Thomas...can you please also reveal now what the improvements are on the CSP V2...it's way past the 28th of May. I wanna now what I've pre ordered for July!!!
    I second this request.
    I third the request. ;)
  • I'm going to update in a minute, WITH hub attached to the V2 base...I'll let you guys know if my XOne detects it after I set it in Xbox mode.
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited June 2015
    Sorry wrong forum
  • Okay...the V2 base defenately needs updated BEFORE hooking up the hub. It keeps calibrating itself and can't be set in update mode or turned off. LoL
  • Okay...the V2 base defenately needs updated BEFORE hooking up the hub. It keeps calibrating itself and can't be set in update mode or turned off. LoL
    Thanks for the help

Thank for the help und for the certainty
    :-bd
  • Oops...mistake...forgot to put it in Update mode when turning on. So just hook the hub to the base, base to pc and hold the start button on base till it lights up blue...driver pop up on pc comes and you can start the update.
    So before use is meant as before trying to use it on XOne !!!!
    Sorry for my mistake. LoL
  • Oops...mistake...forgot to put it in Update mode when turning on. So just hook the hub to the base, base to pc and hold the start button on base till it lights up blue...driver pop up on pc comes and you can start the update.
    So before use is meant as before trying to use it on XOne !!!!
    Sorry for my mistake. LoL
    Lol. Understood. In the excitement of the moment things like this happen. Lol

• Oliver: I know, we were merely debating if you would need any other Fanatec apparel connected to your wheelbase when updating the firmware. Apparently not....based on Antoine's findings (thnx for testing Antoine!)

So what I did was:

connect power and usb to Wheelbase,
    connect wheelbase to pc,
    power on wheelbase,
    install driver 219,
    hit update tab,
    update firmware
  • I have everything hooked up to the base Toon, pedals and XOne hub...shifter comes when new pedals arrive!
    Did the update and everything works like a charm except one thing. I know it's maybe outdated to mention, but the manual is incorrect about PS3 MODE and needs a bit more specification!
    PS3 MODE can only be turned on when PS3 is working, off course first to pc mode, then push the two buttons mentioned in the manual. The ring around start button lights up white and goes back to red after couple a seconds!!! And the display doesn't show thenred dot. BUT ALSO NO gear box numbers....
    On XOne and PS4 running great! Only thing I really miss are rpm lights!!!!!!
  • edited June 2015
    Ohw my god...FM 5 FFB is wayyyyy too strong and over the top on this one...whole different feel from PCars....don't like it at all !
    Okay...first attempt on PCars...no good...wheel is useless, not a single button works after hitting the 3 stripes button. Can't even shut it off no more...have to pull the power cord out from base!
    Powered back on and it actually works...LoL
  • Okay...New problem..but that's more SMS's problem...button mapping. The game still sees the wheel as a controller...so if you wanna use, for example, the 'button' LT PCars still sees it as the brake..so we're just as limited with the wheel to assign buttons as the controller guys...NOT AMUSED...Damn.
  • You saying the gear shift number dosent work on xbox one?
  • Antoine thnx for the updates!! (Did you find a rim somewhere? ;P )

When using FM5...can't you just dial down the FF strength on the wheel?

Very odd it's not properly recognised in Project Cars! :-/
  • edited June 2015
    Antoine did you turn the In game FFB down??? These Consoles are More Like PC Now.
    after Tweeking PCars i finaly Agree that its Better to Keave wheel at 100% and Cut the FFB Down fron the Game Settings... Cutting the FFB down at the wheel you Loose some Suntle FFB Feel. i Keep PCars Master FFB at 75% and the FFB is Still Very Very Strong im Thinking about Lowering it to 65%!!! But i Keep the Wheel at 100%
    75% Is Strong Enough that in a 10 Lap Race your arms may get Tierd.
  • Stephen...the buttons in game are not the same as on the HUB. On the pad the Left Trigger 'LT' is used for braking...but If you try assigning the lights on button LT, the brake is set on button LT and braking pedal is blank !!!!
    And that way it also goes with the LB and LBS button. You can't use m both for separate things. They both pop up on tv screen as LB.
    ALSO the Funky Switch and top directional buttons are both named D-PAD in game!
    Already posted on PCars forum by me!
    No wheel yet and this way of not working properly holds me back buying one Toon!
  • edited June 2015
    I'm an idiot...LoL
  • Thanks for the info. I was more on about the gear number display on the universal hub if if it actually shows you what gear your in or is that just for PC ?