Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Antoine Goosens My Porsche and F1 Rim work fine on PCars after the update... Everything and all the Buttons are the Same.... I Did do a Custom button Map when i first got PCars though... Have you ever Mapped your Buttons
  • Yep...it's okay now Grimey...look up. LoL
  • edited June 2015
    Thomas, can you please tell us if the button mapping limitation is due to the limits of the XOne or just a driver issue. Cause if it's the XOne limitation...we all get a €350 costing USELESS second controller.
    Cause 2 button boxes are downgraded by 1 button each. 2 buttons act as 1, other button also useless cause it deactivates the brake and gas pedal.
    The funky switch is only useful to navigate and go to XOne menu, because the directional pad on top of the hub has the same function...
    That actually gives us LESS buttons to use than a pad now that I think of it !!!!
    Feels like total whaste of money if that can't be resolved through new in game drivers !!!

The joy I felt this afternoon when I saw the UPS guy at my door is nowhere near to be found now!!!
    I really don't understand why Natalie wants to pay full price for two hubs more.....
    I can assign 26 buttons on the BMW rim shifter paddles and cap included. On the XOne hub only ONLY 18....understand the frustration?
  • Hi this my first time posting thought I would share a pic of my Hub and sparco rim
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hi this my first time posting thought I would share a pic of my Hub and sparco rim
    Looking good Kenneth!
  • edited June 2015
    Did anyone notice the total lockup of the wheel when staring a race, PCars, from the pit and trough the pit lane until pop up says manual control ??? With new firmware 094 that is...
    Really weird feeling, wasn't like that in fw 065 !!!

Okay...tweaking with Grimey we agreed it's that Center Spring issue bothering there...also in menu's
  • Hey Guys I'm having problems connecting my xbox one hub to my xbox one.
  • Toon KerstenToon Kersten Member
    edited June 2015
    Ok, apparently my hub is doing nothing either....further investigation nescessary ;P  Btw really happy I finally have the hub in my hands....I was promised they would send my Wheelbase V2 cables along with the hub, since they were missing, I guess they forgot about the cables *sigh (now only able to connect my pedals with the connector that came with the old shifter)

Antoine: please keep is updated on your findings...I will do the same...

Kenneth: nice rim setup you got there!

Fanatec: would be nice if you could react in this blog to help us on our way!
  • What's the problem.Kieren?
  • Toon...Dutch on CLive..maybe I can help you out
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    Thomas, can you please tell us if the button mapping limitation is due to the limits of the XOne or just a driver issue. Cause if it's the XOne limitation...we all get a €350 costing USELESS second controller.
    Cause 2 button boxes are downgraded by 1 button each. 2 buttons act as 1, other button also useless cause it deactivates the brake and gas pedal.
    The funky switch is only useful to navigate and go to XOne menu, because the directional pad on top of the hub has the same function...
    That actually gives us LESS buttons to use than a pad now that I think of it !!!!
    Feels like total whaste of money if that can't be resolved through new in game drivers !!!

The joy I felt this afternoon when I saw the UPS guy at my door is nowhere near to be found now!!!
    I really don't understand why Natalie wants to pay full price for two hubs more.....
    I can assign 26 buttons on the BMW rim shifter paddles and cap included. On the XOne hub only ONLY 18....understand the frustration?
    The top buttons are supposed to have the same functions as the button boxes, they are for people who want to run with just a plain rim and no button boxes attached.
  • Mine will be here Monday, gotta get my XB1 moved into that room. 
  • edited June 2015
    Everybody!!!!!! Don't forget to connect the USB cable from the base to the XOne...it won't work wireless!

And that's JUST the reason why MOST people like a stand alone rim better. It's a console...people are used to in reach buttons. And how difficult it is to drive...quickly try and find the down directional button blindly, arm stretching OVER the wheel, on top of the hub while bracking to look back before a corner !!!
    On pc you've got a keyboard almost right next to you, to back you up in buttons. Just compare how much buttons can be assigned with BMW rim with ps4 and XOne with Hub...how long did we all know that PCars has so much buttons to assign....almost as long as we knew XOne compatibility!!!
    Call me stupid, but I think it was the worst idea to use a hub for console!! And I also would strongly recommend to people to wait it out for a stand alone wheel for XOne. Especially now I know that the 2 button boxes have only 1 usable button per box!!! And the loss of 1 stick, being 5 actual buttons to assign! In FM5 you can't even assign anything just standard layout....And with Assetto Corsa coming to consoles in 2016 I'm gonna bet my money on the PS4....cause I think AC Wil even have more buttons to assign !!!!
  • @ Antoine: The lack of button assignments is caused by the limitations of the porprietary xbox controller/wheel protocol. 

It has been discussed in the pcars support forum and lots of thrustmaster tx user are affected too, especially when they use other addon rims such as the ferrari f1 formula rim....

Some guys created a petiton at the official xbox feedback page to get microsofts attention. Follow this link to support them!

• Antoine is a hero!!! (While getting on the phone with him to get some instructions, we casually discuss the green light around the button....I said, yeah I have that...then we checked some stuff and he mentions the USB-cable.....pfff .... it seems the Xbox One connection is no longer wireless, but needs a cable from the Wheelbase to your Xbox One!

*since I used the CSR wheel before on the 360 (wireless) and there is no USB-cable mentioned in the hub-manual....It never crossed my mind...

Now going to see how it operates ingame ;P

Thnx again Antoine!!
  • Yw Toon, glad I could be the helping mind. LoL
  • OK Nobody Panic!!! LOL... so i found out 1 of the changes made in the New FW update is that the Rear fan No Longer runs All the Time!!! I was about to get pissed Off!!! it turns on at start up but if the wheel is cool it turns offf... it will come on as the wheel heats up and if need be then the side fan kicks on also.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    Are we allowed to discuss this now, you know as muggles ;)
  • I'm going back to fw 065 tomorrow...FFB feels better with that one until the center spring problem is solved in PCars. With new firmware it pulls with 500 lbs to the other side while I got in game FFB at 50 and 'FOR' also at 50.
  • Sooo...just did some first laps in Forza5 ;) I like it!! It's been a looong while since I could use a wheel, and it sure still needs tweaks, just to give you an indication; just did a 2:19.512 in the R900 Aston Martin on Spa ;P

Grimey: no panic indeed! ;)

Natalie: yes!! ;P
  • You notice same Fan problem Toon?
  • How doe the wheel feel with FM5??? Good, Bad , Too strong, weak
    , Dead zone ETC

• No fan problems here! Just one sitting in front of the wheel ;P

Just from my few laps; I turned down FF to 75 ingame, still a bit strong...but very nice to feel loss of grip, you even feel the shifts. I'm not 100% sure I like the 'rough' feeling you get while losing grip tho...but like I said...tweaks and more driving is necessary to really come to any conclusion!
  • edited June 2015
    These Consoles are putting out Tremendous FFB Now!!!! I turned my in Game FFB Down to 50 and its still strong enough to feel really good and All FFB Effects can still be Clearly Felt without Having to Fight against the wheel.
  • Toon...I might be mistaken, but I think I'm right. In FM5 did you also feel wheel vibrations and not only FFB when wheel spin and such ? I think I did feel it...
  • Antoine, what do you mean by wheel vibrations? I feel the rumble strips, the shifts and I think also engine vibrations...

Grimey, yeah...will need to play with FF strength tomorrow ;) it is quite strong indeed ;P
  • Everybody!!!!!! Don't forget to connect the USB cable from the base to the XOne...it won't work wireless!

And that's JUST the reason why MOST people like a stand alone rim better. It's a console...people are used to in reach buttons. And how difficult it is to drive...quickly try and find the down directional button blindly, arm stretching OVER the wheel, on top of the hub while bracking to look back before a corner !!!
    On pc you've got a keyboard almost right next to you, to back you up in buttons. Just compare how much buttons can be assigned with BMW rim with ps4 and XOne with Hub...how long did we all know that PCars has so much buttons to assign....almost as long as we knew XOne compatibility!!!
    Call me stupid, but I think it was the worst idea to use a hub for console!! And I also would strongly recommend to people to wait it out for a stand alone wheel for XOne. Especially now I know that the 2 button boxes have only 1 usable button per box!!! And the loss of 1 stick, being 5 actual buttons to assign! In FM5 you can't even assign anything just standard layout....And with Assetto Corsa coming to consoles in 2016 I'm gonna bet my money on the PS4....cause I think AC Wil even have more buttons to assign !!!!
    This makes no sense at all, the consoles can only use the buttons that a controller has. You can't just add more buttons that's not how licensing works and is exactly as it was expected to be. The mistake was not buying the hub, it was buying pCars for a console when it's clearly a PC title dumbed down for consoles. On PC you can use as many buttons as you want, I have the buttons on my wheel rim as well as my button box. Even when the stand alone rim is made IT WILL HAVE THE SAME BUTTONS.
  • What's the problem.Kieren? I've sorted it no worries

• Everybody!!!!!! Don't forget to connect the USB cable from the base to the XOne...it won't work wireless!

This makes no sense at all, the consoles can only use the buttons that a controller has. You can't just add more buttons that's not how licensing works and is exactly as it was expected to be. The mistake was not buying the hub, it was buying pCars for a console when it's clearly a PC title dumbed down for consoles. On PC you can use as many buttons as you want, I have the buttons on my wheel rim as well as my button box. Even when the stand alone rim is made IT WILL HAVE THE SAME BUTTONS.
    With consoles getting better and better. And the sim titles on consoles getting better they can add extra buttons for selected titles. It's absolutely possible. Will they do it though is another question.
  • Antoine, what do you mean by wheel vibrations? I feel the rumble strips, the shifts and I think also engine vibrations...

Grimey, yeah...will need to play with FF strength tomorrow ;) it is quite strong indeed ;P
    Yep....that's what I mean. Real strange to have engine vibrations while there's no motor inside the hub...or is there ?