New products now available: Universal Hub, Handbrake and Formula Carbon

2»

Comments

• Just recieved my UniHub. It is much smaller and lighter than anticipated. Should be good for weight in regards to FFB.

As there are no rims available here yet, i mounted an older F1 wheel from Personal for temporary use. Will give it a test run later.

Thanks xD 
  • Just recieved my UniHub. It is much smaller and lighter than anticipated. Should be good for weight in regards to FFB.
    Lightness depends. If this weight - 554g is the whole unit, it is kind of OKish (you have the chance to weigh it. I don't have it and would like to know), but if it doesn't include paddles, buttons etc, it is actually very heavy.
  • I ordered the ClubSport Handbrake to complete my Clubsport setup, which includes the ClubSport wheel base, formula rim, bmw rim, sequential shifter, and v2 pedals. 
    With such anticipation, I did not even read the description or compatibility, but went 
    straight to buy it now! My excitement was short lived however, when I finally decided to "read"  the handbrake description, and found that the handbrake is not currently compatible with the ps3. The handbrake arrived, and me being me (or any other guy), I plugged it into my ps3 anyway! To my surprise it worked! At the time I was playing Dirt3. I plugged the handbrake in to the shifter 2 slot of my Clubsport Wheel Base, went to the control mapping option in the Dirt3 menu, and when I pulled the brake it mapped it as the "reverse gear". I went into a time trial session, and the handbrake worked perfect! I am not saying this would be the same result for other games or any other case, but i will say that with my setup, the handbrake did indeed work on the ps3. I just thought i should share my story. 
  • I ordered the ClubSport Handbrake to complete my Clubsport setup, which includes the ClubSport wheel base, formula rim, bmw rim, sequential shifter, and v2 pedals. 
    With such anticipation, I did not even read the description or compatibility, but went 
    straight to buy it now! My excitement was short lived however, when I finally decided to "read"  the handbrake description, and found that the handbrake is not currently compatible with the ps3. The handbrake arrived, and me being me (or any other guy), I plugged it into my ps3 anyway! To my surprise it worked! At the time I was playing Dirt3. I plugged the handbrake in to the shifter 2 slot of my Clubsport Wheel Base, went to the control mapping option in the Dirt3 menu, and when I pulled the brake it mapped it as the "reverse gear". I went into a time trial session, and the handbrake worked perfect! I am not saying this would be the same result for other games or any other case, but i will say that with my setup, the handbrake did indeed work on the ps3. I just thought i should share my story. 
    Could you try this with GT6 as well?
  • How do i see if ClubSport Handbrake EU is on-line when connected to ClubSport Pedals V2 EU?
  • How do i see if ClubSport Handbrake EU is on-line when connected to ClubSport Pedals V2 EU?

If you have the latest driver installed, you can see in the driver window, at least when your pedals are connected directly to your computer.
  • how will i update my usb clusport adpter so can i use my clubsport handbrake ????? keep on saying bootlaoder mode the heck is that??????????
  • please someone help me??
  • I am extremely frustrated with this ATM I cannot see well enough to get these cheesy wire looms into their channels with the wires. It's impossible!
  • Keith CollinsKeith Collins Member
    edited July 2014
    I ordered the ClubSport Handbrake to complete my Clubsport setup, which includes the ClubSport wheel base, formula rim, bmw rim, sequential shifter, and v2 pedals. 
    Could you try this with GT6 as well?
    It did not work with GT6. There is no option for custom mapping in the calibration menus. The way I have the handbrake plugged in it registers as "reverse gear" when in sequential mode. When your driving in the game at speed and you pull the handbrake it does nothing, when stopped and you pull the brake, it just puts the car in reverse. I have found that when you can custom map the controls, the handbrake works great. I have had success with DIRT3 and Need For Speed Shift 2 so far.
  • It did not work with GT6. There is no option for custom mapping in the calibration menus. The way I have the handbrake plugged in it registers as "reverse gear" when in sequential mode. When your driving in the game at speed and you pull the handbrake it does nothing, when stopped and you pull the brake, it just puts the car in reverse. I have found that when you can custom map the controls, the handbrake works great. I have had success with DIRT3 and Need For Speed Shift 2 so far.
    Thx!
  • Wheels for sale that do not come with the hub. For those of us that purchased the new hub not knowing that the wheels would be following a few weeks later with the hub. Probably should have waited, unless they offer the wheels Independent of the hub in the future. That way the only difference in ordering too early is the additional freight. 

Reggie
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited July 2014
    The rims will be available by themselves. I don't see this changing but that's just IMO. Otherwise you'd have a hub for each rim. And purchasing a hub/rim bundle is only $.05 cheaper. So you didn't lose out much. :)
  • Does the clubsport handbrake work with v1 pedals?
  • Marek LaulMarek Laul Member
    edited July 2014
    Does the clubsport handbrake work with v1 pedals?
    It should, have not seen anybody confirming thus far, but as long as you have a port for it, there should be no problem. I think they just didn't state V1 as compatible, because earlier electronics board didn't have a socket for it, although there were traces for it and everybody could solder their own socket on, but it is not the job for everyone. 
    I myself also still have V1, but don't want to buy a handbrake before there's a good way to mount it on their CSL Seat.
  • Fanatec “New Hub” initial observations. I have just received
    my new CSW & New Hub. I spent about 4 hours putting on my new “NRG” Wheel
    on the Hub. It was time consuming because of the learning curve, but very
    enjoyable, as I like this kind of techie stuff anyway. It probably would also
    help if I would read the instructions. I was watching the video on “Sim Racing
    News” showing pretty much everything I had had already learned. The
    undocumented part showing how to move the shifting paddles closer to the wheel
    was helpful. I do agree that the Pod cables should have had a 4 conductor
    consumer plugin on the outside of the Hub. Time will tell if this was a mistake
    plugging these cables directly into the circuit board.

Where I think the video might have missed the point of the
    new hub is it was not necessary the design to do a quick change out to different
    wheels on the same Hub. It allows you to introduce all different kinds of Steering
    Wheels that you may want to use. (Not necessarily made by Fanatec) So if you
    want to have more than one wheel to change out just purchase another Hub at
    249.00 I don't think the price is unreasonable. But if you're looking to buy
    one Hub and then bolting on different wheels on the same Hub you might be
    disappointed If yu are looking to do that fast. I even thought that putting an additional
    quick release Hub on top of Fanatec Hub might be an idea. However cosmetically
    and even functionally I don't believe it will work that well.

I for one will give this product 10 out of 10 for originality, visionary and
    just downright Great Product.

Reggie

• Shame i have to sell my v1's and upgrade to v2's to use the handbrake. Be useful to know what games its compatible with on 360. Had to use firmware 137 i think as the newer versions rendered my elite manual gears useless on daytona on 360 and ps3
  • Shame i have to sell my v1's and upgrade to v2's to use the handbrake. Be useful to know what games its compatible with on 360. Had to use firmware 137 i think as the newer versions rendered my elite manual gears useless on daytona on 360 and ps3
    Why you need to sell? 
  • So, finally got to my Hub/GT wheel for assembly today.  It came in WAY earlier than the estimated 1/30/2015 date - actually got it last week but only today had the time to put it together.  I was going to wait until I had everything (CSQ, V2, Formula Rim) but glad I didn't wait.  I love techie stuff but putting it together was both fun and frustrating and took some time.  Here are my thoughts:

Overall, this is a lovely piece of kit.  Well made with great finish.  As I started to assemble by way of the instructions, I came to realize that despite the picture showing the button boxes being connected to the PCB without first being connected to the front plate:  do not do this.  Place and secure each button box and funky switch before connecting to the PCB.  And make sure - really make sure - it's how you want them as adjusting later will not be fun.

Probably my only real disappointment with the hub is even though there are a TON of options for you - to reach each option is pretty time consuming.  In some cases it will even require a complete tear down.  As an example:  after final assembly I wanted to bring in the large paddles as they were out too far.  Had to completely remove the rim to access the screws to make the adjustment.  That is minor, indeed - but if I buy another rim and need to move any button boxes the whole thing has to come apart.  As said earlier, the hub just wasn't designed for quick rim changes but I was hoping. 

...and honestly, it isn't hard at all to build particularly if you've ever built a pc.  It's pretty small inside, but the hardest and most frustrating thing to get right are those little rubber cable protectors.  Ugh.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  Beyond that?  Pretty easy.  But those pesky bastards are enough for me to never want to open the thing up again.  

Now that is all put together?  It is amazing.  I positioned everything very similar to the GT pictured on the website:  four button boxes plus the Funky Switch with large paddles - it is very tight with most time making sure I had clearance, reach, and aesthetics just the way I wanted.  It looks and feels sweet.  Weighing in exactly at 1990grams - just as calculated!  It does feel heavy (solid) which makes me fret a bit getting the BMW rim which is a whopping 75% heavier!  But that Black Friday deal was too good to pass.  Here's to the stronger V2! 

I'm very happy so far, but have a ways to go before giving it a true test drive (1/30/2015 cannot come soon enough) but so far good so good.  As long as any rim I add in the future maintains clearance it is simple enough to remove 6 screws and switch rims maintaining all muscle memory and reach to the buttons.  Pretty cool.  

Last bit of advice: 1) pay very close attention when touching the removable LED.  It will leave surface scratches.  Nothing too noticeable but it will happen.  Wipe away any dust using a soft microfibre cloth.  2)  The funky switch.  Is rather delicate.  Got the whole thing together, picked it up and whammo the bottom of it pulled away - my heart dropped thinking it broke!  Snapped right back into place, though.  Just food for though as my switch is on the bottom and if the wheel is resting facing you the switch takes some of the weight and that might not be good.  

In any case, as these are just now coming back into stock hope my thoughts help your buy decision or install.  I am just looking at mine for now, but it is quite a looker.

Fritz
    This is great, where you able to use the handbrake and the H-shifter at the same time? Or you actually need to use the paddles on the wheel when using the handbrake?