Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Daniel ChoteDaniel Chote Member
    edited July 2015
    CSWv2 update fails to find hex file for me on Win7 64bit, USB adapter updater also says "Error reading firmware file". Upgrading from 219 to 222
  • edited July 2015
    So after driving a couple a rounds in PCars with my XOne...it was a better experience then with the PS4. STILL button mapping issue due to M$ protocol. But all to all not bad. The only thing that went wrong was not being able to use the brake and gas pedal to scroll the settings tabs...but after calibrating the pedals EACH TIME before changing settings I was able to use the LT button ONLY to do that. The RT was still not usable!

In FM5 everything worked fine...

So I guess the button mapping of the XOne hub between the XOne buttons and PS4 button use is messed up in this firmware!!
  • I got my Windows 10 for FREE! Thanks for the update Thomas.

Notice it's always the same ones who can't figure out how to get their stuff working? Read into that what you will.
    Windows 10 is free for most people for the 1st year. So no big deal.
    Where did I say it was a "big deal", Chris?
  • So after driving a couple a roundsooh PCars with my XOne...it was a better experience then with the POS4. STILL button mapping issue due to MS protocol. But all to all not bad. The only thing that went wrong was not being able to use the brake and gas pedal to scroll the settings tabs...but after calibrating the pedals EACH TIME before changing settings I was able to use the LT button ONLY to do that. The RT was still not usable!

So I guess the button mapping of the XOne hub between the XOne buttons and POS4 button use is messed up in this firmware!!
    Not at all.
  • edited July 2015
    Overall funktion of the wheel base is ok so far.
    I have the CSW v1 & v2  Rims are the "Formula Rim" and the "Universal Hub for XBOX One".

With the Universal Hub in XBOX Mode I have the same Issue with automatic downshift from 1st Gear to neutral in FM5. Fix it asap please.

In PC mode the button mapping is confusing especially on PS4. It doesn't match the controller layout anymore
    Buttons on the Hub -> Button Boxes
    A -> A
    B -> RT
    Y -> RB
    X -> RSB
    View -> View
    = -> Y
    RB -> right Paddle Shifter  (is ok)
    RT -> LSB
    RSB -> =
    LB -> left paddle Shifter  (is ok)
    LT -> LT
    LSB -> LB

Single Mapped Buttons on the ButtonBoxes are
    B & X

Its great to have 2 more Buttons but I would prefer to change the mapping of the Hub to match the labels of the button boxes to avoid confusion while using it on PS4 and make the LB and RB buttons on the Boxes the additional buttons instead of B & X 

• have w7 64 Bit, first the hex file wasnt recognize by the Updater Prog.

Then i choose one of the bigger Hex Files from the Fanatec Installation Dir - one of them was accepted

Update works fine - all in less then in a minute
  • So after driving a couple a rounds in PCars with my XOne...it was a better experience then with the PS4. STILL button mapping issue due to M§ protocol. But all to all not bad. The only thing that went wrong was not being able to use the brake and gas pedal to scroll the settings tabs...but after calibrating the pedals EACH TIME before changing settings I was able to use the LT button ONLY to do that. The RT was still not usable!

So I guess the button mapping of the XOne hub between the XOne buttons and PS4 button use is messed up in this firmware!!
  • Much improved over the last one in iRacing. The steering wheel is more direct, alive, better translates the track's surface and transfers car's lateral weight shift in a more pronounced/clear way. Also, rev lights now work as they should.

Brilliant work, thank you!

(PC: Up to date Windows 8.1 x64)
  • paul maguirepaul maguire Member
    edited July 2015
    I found the HEX file but after i flash it, still v094.

???

100% sure using the latest driver.
  • On Windows 7 the FW does not work. It can't find the HEX files.

Thomas, as I said a year ago. Get rid of this update procedure. A update via USB stick is platform independent and much easier for the customers to handle.

And a more detailed change history would be great too.

I like this update procedure and it works 100%. I had no problems updating in windows 7 or 8.1 both 64 bit of course.
    It works 100% for you, but there are thousands of windows variations and not all customers use a windows pc. I own a Mac and run windows 7 64 bit  just for this case on a virtual machine, the driver version before this one worked fine, but not this one.

Therefore a solution with a usb-stick to stick into the wheel would solve all these issues customers are experiencing in this forum.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited July 2015
    I found the HEX file but after i flash it, still v094.

???

Hi Paul,

why do you need a hex file? Just start the updater from the driver (update tab) and flash the wheel. As always the right firmware is pre-selected. That's it.

@ Andreas Gremme
    There is only one button mapping in the firmware. Correcting one mapping (for PC/PS4) will mix up the other one. You can change the button caps if you want to do that.

• If the driver can't load the hex file, you can always choose to load it manually...BUT for that you need the hex file.

This has nothing to do with changing button caps...in fw094 the buttons converted to the PS layout is okay...but in fw110 it's messed up!!!
  • If the driver can't load the hex file, you can always choose to load it manually...BUT for that you need the hex file.

This has nothing to do with changing button caps...in fw094 the buttons converted to the PS layout is okay...but in fw110 it's messed up!!!
    Hey bud,

Can you give more feedback than "in FW110 it's messed up!!"? How is it messed up? The more info given the better they can address it. Like I told people when I was a manager I can't fix a problem I don't know about. I know you've given great details in the past. So your help is appreciated I'm sure.
  • edited July 2015
    Overall funktion of the wheel base is ok so far.
    I have the CSW v1 & v2  Rims are the "Formula Rim" and the "Universal Hub for XBOX One".

With the Universal Hub in XBOX Mode I have the same Issue with automatic downshift from 1st Gear to neutral in FM5. Fix it asap please.

In PC mode the button mapping is confusing especially on PS4. It doesn't match the controller layout anymore
    A -> A
    B -> RT
    Y -> RB
    X -> RSB
    View -> View
    = -> Y
    RT -> LSB
    RSB -> =
    LT -> LT
    LSB -> LB

B & X

Its great to have 2 more Buttons but I would prefer to change the mapping of the Hub to match the labels of the button boxes to avoid confusion while using it on PS4 and make the LB and RB buttons on the Boxes the additional buttons instead of B & X 

Like this Chris!! In fw094 the A button matches the 'cross' button, the B button matches the 'circle' button and so on.
    Also check the function test window in the Fanatec driver with the XOne hub connected. Press any button you like and see where the blue dots on the screen end up. THAT says it all. Like I mentioned in previous post...

In PCars on ps4 I can't scroll through the settings tabs because gas and brake pedal don't act like LT and RT no more...can't get out of the menu's because the B button don't act as circle button no more....And so on...I've switched back to fw094 because I only could use fw 110 in FM5 and also had the shift 1st to neutral problem too.

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited July 2015
    @ Antoine
    Since FW 102 some mirrored (UHX) buttons have been removed or separated in the PC/PS4 mapping to make sure that every button can be used individually if the software supports it.

You can still use the top buttons on PS4 which remain unchanged. The manual will be updated when the driver and firmware is final. The FM5 "neutral issue" will have to stay like this if the game cannot or will not be patched. There was some logics in the wheel which always had to engage 1st even if nobody ever changed a gear just to do the right thing in FM5. But the wheel cannot plainly send first gear to every game when the wheel initialized. This would bring more problems. FM6 should be adapted correctly.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Yea, It makes sense using this new format, the buttons on the top of the hub can be used like a "PAD" (on PS4 mode) as they map much like a controller.

The buttons on the little wheel hubs can now be mapped freely to other functions. It's working very well on PS4 and almost makes my little USB button box redundant ;)

On XBO I have little to no issue (except in PCars) but I've not encountered many issues in FM5/FH2 etc

If you want me to test the issue your having Antione just PM me and I'll try recreate it :)
  • Overall funktion of the wheel base is ok so far.

A -> A
    B -> RT
    Y -> RB
    X -> RSB
    View -> View
    = -> Y
    RT -> LSB
    RSB -> =
    LT -> LT
    LSB -> LB

B & X

Like this Chris!! In fw094 the A button matches the 'cross' button, the B button matches the 'circle' button and so on.
    Also check the function test window in the Fanatec driver with the XOne hub connected. Press any button you like and see where the blue dots on the screen end up. THAT says it all. Like I mentioned in previous post...

In PCars on ps4 I can't scroll through the settings tabs because gas and brake pedal don't act like LT and RT no more...can't get out of the menu's because the B button don't act as circle button no more....And so on...I've switched back to fw094 because I only could use fw 110 in FM5 and also had the shift 1st to neutral problem too.

Alright dude chill out. No need for caps. :)) I think Armins explanation explains the issue and fixes quite well. We were complaining that MS wouldn't allow button more button mapping. Fanatec frees up all buttons to be used individually on SONY and you complain. Can't have it both ways. (Yes I know they are different consoles. Just making a point)

Personally I don't see the big issue. But I only use my PS4 to play MLB.
  • edited July 2015
    Ah okay...as I'm not a beta tester...I don't know anything about changing the button layout. I only get what the manual says.
    And thank you FANATEC team to give us a solution for the previous limited button usage!!!!
    What button do you use to scroll through the settings tabs Natalie, cause the gas and brake don't work no more and the RT on my button box doesn't either..only the LT...but I HAVE to scroll right to assign buttons!!! And what button does match with the PS circle button...Cause I can't leave menu's
    Natalie, pm sent.

Weirdest thing happening right now. Gone back to fw094, but can't use the V3s gas pedal to scroll through the button mapping tabs either...wtf???
    Neither the top button box or three button box LT and RT allow it!!!
  • edited July 2015
    Also another question...can I calibrate the CSP V3 in the Fanatec window when I hook m up DIRECTLY to a pc, cause when hooked to the base and looking at the function test window...the clutch gives a 3% blue and gas pedal about 5% blue when in REST.
    Okay...found it. Settings tab 'enable CSP V3 calibration more's GREAT!!!
  • edited July 2015
    Okay updated back to fw 110...top button box in PCars works just fine...UNTIL you calibrate the pedals...lol. Again LT and RT function loss. And also the Y button on three button box isn't recognized as a button at all at the edit assignements page. It accepts I press it after pressing the cross button, but doesn't show any function button...And also nothing happens when I press the Y button in game!!
    Also not able to reassign buttons after a race...have to close PCars app in PS menu start game all over again to reassign 1 button.
    But that's a PCars problem I guess...
  • Think I might draw a new button layout page, to help me out a couple a weeks...Cause I was so used to the standard button conversion of the XONE buttons to PS4 buttons..that it's kinda confusing at the moment...to where I left what function...LoL
  • On Windows 7 the FW does not work. It can't find the HEX files.

Thomas, as I said a year ago. Get rid of this update procedure. A update via USB stick is platform independent and much easier for the customers to handle.

And a more detailed change history would be great too.

I like this update procedure and it works 100%. I had no problems updating in windows 7 or 8.1 both 64 bit of course.
    It works 100% for you, but there are thousands of windows variations and not all customers use a windows pc. I own a Mac and run windows 7 64 bit  just for this case on a virtual machine, the driver version before this one worked fine, but not this one.

Therefore a solution with a usb-stick to stick into the wheel would solve all these issues customers are experiencing in this forum.
    Even if the driver is on a USB stick it won't make any difference at all. What processor is going to run the updater program? You're plugging the USB stick into a steering wheel not a computer.
  • Have a weird issue on Windows 10 (RTM) force feedback doesn't work with 205 and 222 ver.
    Games tested Assetto Corsa and Project Cars.
    In previous builds of Windows 10 worked perfectly.
    It happens to someone else?
    --Fanatec CSR Wheel--

• Okay updated back to fw 110...top button box in PCars works just fine...UNTIL you calibrate the pedals...lol. Again LT and RT function loss. And also the Y button on three button box isn't recognized as a button at all at the edit assignements page. It accepts I press it after pressing the cross button, but doesn't show any function button...And also nothing happens when I press the Y button in game!!
    Also not able to reassign buttons after a race...have to close PCars app in PS menu start game all over again to reassign 1 button.
    No one said anything about being a beta tester having any bearing. Coming at this or any problem from a contentious standpoint won't help you.

In your last post you gave very specific issues and how/when they happen. Now maybe someone else can try to verify the problem and if needed a fix. That's how you property handle problems.
  • Can anyone say in which folder is the hex file? Please
  • Just finished updating to new driver and firmware...went like a dream...Win 8.1 64bit..i7 4790...GTX 970..800watts...I have only driven Dirt Rally so far, and have found that the FFB gives better feel..it seems lighter allowing you to feel when you loose traction on the front wheels better..took 2 seconds off a best time a few minutes ago...Job well done Fanatec..Thank you.
  • I found the HEX file but after i flash it, still v094.

???

Hi Paul,

why do you need a hex file? Just start the updater from the driver (update tab) and flash the wheel. As always the right firmware is pre-selected. That's it.

@ Andreas Gremme
    There is only one button mapping in the firmware. Correcting one mapping (for PC/PS4) will mix up the other one. You can change the button caps if you want to do that.

Sorry i didnt know v222 wasnt released on the main site.. Cause the only drivers i see is 205 and 219. So i thought 219 contained v110 which it doesn't.. oops.
  • I haven't updated my V2 at all since i got it as i am playing p cars on the ps4 and don't see a need to with all the bugs and issues. I am also happy i didn't get the XB One Wheel hub as it doesn't seem that great from the forums and what i have been following since it was shipped. My Question to Thomas is when will you release a Wheel for the V2 aside from the XB One Hub that works with XB One like the BMW GT or Porsche wheels? I applaud you for the V3 peddles and plan on getting some eventually but I think more importantly other options are needed for XB One.
  • Okay updated back to fw 110...top button box in PCars works just fine...UNTIL you calibrate the pedals...lol. Again LT and RT function loss. And also the Y button on three button box isn't recognized as a button at all at the edit assignements page. It accepts I press it after pressing the cross button, but doesn't show any function button...And also nothing happens when I press the Y button in game!!
    No one said anything about being a beta tester having any bearing. Coming at this or any problem from a contentious standpoint won't help you.

In your last post you gave very specific issues and how/when they happen. Now maybe someone else can try to verify the problem and if needed a fix. That's how you property handle problems.
    I don't exactly know what you mean Chris..I'm trying to help anyway I can. And the probs I experience are also very specific in the post above. Go to the button assignment page in PCars. Use the top button box buttons LT, RT and B. They work fine to scroll and leave that page. Then calibrate the pedals...Go back to the button assignment page. Try to scroll with LT and RT again...they don't work anymore. I'm not sure the top B button still works as I'm not on my PS4 anymore. PS4 PCars.
  • @Armin, as you can see some experience problems with the new driver. And the V219 was already set up to control the CSP V3s...so the fw110 hex file also could have been choosen manually if it was offered!!